Sunday, June 08, 2008

Comic and others

This holiday seems to pass very fast… and I’m really scared seeing my face getting rounder and rounder everyday T_T Can’t be helped with the amount of food and sleep I get.

I mentioned in my previous post that I might be too old to be reading comics… it happens that I’m not the only one with that thought… my dad think that I’m waaaayyy too old to be reading these. The first time he saw me with a bunch of comics, he uttered some comments like “so useless, read until get up at 12 everyday”. The second time he saw me with those comics, he didn’t resist to scold me “What’s the use of reading those stuff? Read then still play computer. Take care of your own eyes! Don’t go to the comic rental again, I helped u return these for the last time.”

Sometimes I think that my dad is too fierce T_T I know that reading comics is not very useful, but that’s what I love to do to relax… is it so bad for me, even only for my holiday? And it’s not like I spent a lot of money for it… the rental price is less than the price for 10 mins internet. He always fulfill whatever demand I have for food, even if mum already cook a lot.. but for comics… sigh.. I simply don’t get it.

And as usual, I complained to mum about this… Thanks mum for always being a very good listener ^^… After the thing cool down, I rethink and see that dad’s scolding was not that bad. Maybe this is really the time for me to give up on renting comics. Being the youngest daughter, I am a bit lack of self consciousness… and this command did hit the spot.

So… I think that mark the end of my comic rental history :( I will not be renting comics anymore.. ix.. (but it doesn’t mean that I can’t borrow :p anyone wanna lend me comics? :p) In total, I only rent twice, once 13 comics, and another time was 11 comics. Giving up on comic itself might still take several years. It’s hard to stop what you start since 5, right? Hahaha… I still want to at least finish Conan :p


Comic - day 1


Comic - day 2

Now as I didn’t have comics to read.. I play computer games… hahaha… these substitutes are not bad… but I still love comics the most… T_T actually, sometimes I wonder why I prefer comics than movies. E.g. if I’m given the choice to choose between manga and anime, I will surely prefer manga. It usually has better art than anime, and I can enjoy at my own time and pace. I wonder if anyone has the same preference with me ^^; One more thing, I feel guilty for watching, but not for reading. Strange huh?

Ok.. I think I talk too much about comics already =.=’’

Few days ago, I finally get my final grade… and I’m now officially graduated ^^ I’m really shocked to see my FYP result… With the amount of holidays I took, I don’t think I deserved the grade.. you’re really an angel, sup (and examiner). I might be wrong to select DS instead of simulation, but I glad that I’m choosing the right date mate for this one year… thanks a lot… T___T

Now… for those who are starting or in the middle of FYP… ganbatteee nee~~ :D After going through all these, I will say that it does not differ too much from our general project. In fact, as long as we treat it as our general project, with deadlines of update to meet every week, we’re on good hand. The most common mistake was to treat FYP as self pace, prioritizing other project instead of FYP, and end up having no time for FYP. Be careful not to fall on this particular mistake. This was the advice of my supervisor on our first meeting… now I pass it down to junior.. wakakak XD

Btw! Today is the rice dumpling aka bak cang day. So glad that I can celebrate it at home… cause it means that I can eat as much bak cang as I want… hahaha… even auntie, knowing that I’m back this year, gave us more bak cang than usual… hohoho.. thanks a lot auntie.. yours is the best.. nyumnyum (blogging with mouth full of rice dumpling)

Next week will be Father’s day. Maybe it’s the right time for me to go to Medan and do some shopping before going back to Singapore ^^

Sleeping Queen,
Erlin.D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... u will get use to days without comic once u start working.... btw.. u read conan? lol me too... so if u wan i can "lend" you the latest eps.. (sees a future business prospect ($_$) )but if u wanna finish.....zzzzzz i think the story is still tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far from the ending

Unknown said...

waah... a friend in need is really a friend indeed... thanks thanks :p :p (ignore the words in bracket)

but still, most of the comics are written in mandarin there... v_v that's why I hardly read any comic at sg... hahaha...

still far from ending? really? :S I tot it's 60 something already? sigh.. T__T but who knows, the ending comes unexpectedly :p hahaha

qizhi said...

congrats on clearing your FYP... ^^

(from some1 who's just starting his...)

Unknown said...

haha... thanks ki chi...
Wishing you a greattt new FYP life ^^

(from someone who survives :p)

Jia You!