Saturday, August 25, 2007

A word about Red Cross...

My AGM passed. I eventually stepped down.. New communications had been chosen too (Congratz, Theresia and Thang!) Suddenly, the one year felt so short.. so many things had passed.. I didn’t do any speech for AGM.. first because it’s not necessary in Red Cross, second because I was having my very first Algo Quiz during the AGM time. T__T

Looking back, I’ll say that I really have given my best to Red Cross (my apology if it didn’t turn out to be so) In return, they had given back the best to me too. It might be a smaller club in compare to school club, but I was really impressed with the true effort everyone’s putting inside. From Red Cross, I met a lot of people with true volunteerism heart. (not like me who entered because of friends :p). One of them is our advisor, Miss Chan. My volunteerism spirit is somehow grown because of her. I learnt lots from fellow maincommers too. It opened my eyes to a wider world.


with our dearest Advisor.. Miss Chan.. can give A for Prof Comms? :p

I must say that the workload here was more than any other club I had ever entered in my 3 years in NTU. We did design (publicity), website (webmaster), booklet (publication), video (IT), logistic, fund raising (a.k.a business manager :p), etc etc. However, strangely, I didn’t feel this as ‘unfair’ compared with when I was in other club. You bet why.. One is because I can feel the sense of belonging here. Everyone is treated as friend, as one big family apart from the portfolio status we’re holding. Who want to disappoint a family member? (well.. unless really unavoidable.. ) Another is because everything was doing that amount of work.. If I should say, even greater work than what I did! My partner might be one of the example.. someone who always offered to do everything. Although he complained quite a lot, he did them too at the end :p My president is another type of person. He gave a lot of publicities ideas (which sometimes sound so crazy) but he helped lots in the process too. In the end, he gave all the credits to me.. And then… whenever the design is printed out.. I will be very happy and forget all the tiring process in the designing. Haha.. This year, I was experiencing the whole new range of publicity stuff. Putting video @ ChannelNTU, e-banner @ edveNTUre, article @ tribune, printing pin, booklet, stickers, and more… Thanks so much for all the precious experience!

Ok, before it coming too long winded, let me end it here. This will be my last ECA in NTU… I’m glad that it was eventually a meaningful one =) I would like to wish the new committee the best year ahead.. All the best!!

Stepping down,
Erlin.D

Oh yes, theYahoo! Photos announced that they will be no longer providing services for photos upload started next month.. T_T Sorry Theresia.. seems like u need to find another provider for our huge photos XD

Current situation: Raining, lazy to go out, cook Indomie for dinner, tried out the sushi cook by junior (it's delicious o^.^o), chit chat... In conclusion, haven't do anything for today... ^^;

Current FYP status: Software is already installed in server, Google has approved my account to use Google Translate API, Yeo Chai Kiat had updated me. The only thing lack is my mood to start FYP... =.=

2 comments:

Theresia said...

hello thanks for the wishes. hope that i can do the best towwrd red cross. it has taught me a lot as the sub-comm compared to other main-comm positions. it has taught me the meaning of spirit of volunterism too when i saw you all work so hard and how dedicated all the members to the committee. wish you all the best in the future

Unknown said...

Yup yup theresia.. I know that you will be able to make a difference. we're counting on you! hahaha..

Wishing you a great year of experience in the committee ;)