Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So Embarrassing :(

Today, I attended CS Recruitment Talk. The talk went as usual.. 1 hour presentation, continued with networking session. During networking session, all of us gathered around Apong and Julius, asking from A to Z. After making them exhausted, we then discussed how to approach the big bosses :p

I.. as usual.. super nervous. Moja went first by approaching an IT guy. I stand not far from there, listening while gathering my courage to speak to another IT guy beside. The courage wasn’t half filled yet, when suddenly a fresh grad full-time staff kindly asked if I had anything to ask. She was standing beside the big boss I intend to talk to later.

Believe it or not, my concentration was so messed up. It ruined all the words I had been preparing. And even stupider, instead of talking back to the lady, I forced to shake hand with the big boss although he didn’t seem to expect it, and the lady seem to be stunt too. Then during the hand-shaking.. I suddenly forgot my name T__T I looked very stupid! And like it’s not enough yet, when he was asking when is my expected date of graduation, I answered that I’m expert in C# and Java. And my voice was so soft and shaking.. I can’t concentrate on the rest Q & A session anymore as I’m so embarrassed.

So, I cancel my plan to offer my name card. With such a messy introduction, he will use the name card to be put in black list instead of potential list. So.. till now, my name card distribution to company is still.. 0.

Aaa.. still feel very bad.. Especially to the kind lady.. I didn’t talk to her at all after that. She was attending to Adi when I finished. I really want to say sorry to her.. but my friends said that it’s not necessary.. will look even dumber if she didn’t actually recognized who I am. Well. Sigh. Sorry. I really want to say it. Sorry from the bottom of my heart. I must look like haunting only big bosses and don’t want to talk with fresh grad staff. Oh no T_T I didn’t know what if I really go in there and she’ll be my boss.

It mess my mood to do anything for the rest of my Monday ><

Seems like I need to add these to my limitations and learning list:
be brave
be natural
be spontaneous
no soft voiceeee!! AAAAAaaAAAA *practicing screaming*

To those who had it.. care to share some tips? I know practice make perfect.. but to practice and repeat another incident like this.. aaa.. don’t want don’t want don’t want T_T

Red face,
Erlin.D

4 comments:

Theresia said...

erlin lucu :p sayan gwa ga pergi biarpun udah daftar. er, mungkin belajar ngomong di depan kaca kali ya biar ga nervous:p

Unknown said...

duh, theresia T__T aku benar2 malu... pingin gali lubang dalam2.. hahaha..

Hm.. ngomong didepan kaca ya.. might be a good idea =D thx so much ^^

Unknown said...

kalo bs practice pas rumet lg ga ada. :P biar ga dikira tiba2 kena penyakit "suka ngomong sendiri".

anyway, mgkn kejadian ini bs dijadikan pelajaran buat event mendatang. treat anybody equally, n be more self-confident. the boss is also human. he is not someone who you should be afraid of. be more self-confident. those are some of my suggestions. hehe. all the best

Unknown said...

T__T aye bos.. aku akan mencoba sebaik mgkn... ituu.. mo ngomong ama bos2 karena rencana awalnya mmg pingin memberanikan diri untuk ngomong ama orang bule... Soalnya selama ini ketemu exchange student aja da lari2... Hix.. ternyata akhirnya tragis gini T_T hahaha..

Memang soal self confidence u lebih mahir XD XD