Everyone had limitations, right? My first limitation is in sport… Frankly speaking, I’m terrible in all sports (Yeah). Back to senior high school times, I really wanted to learn ice skating when the place is available at the new mall opened. I kept pushing my friends to go with me. At the end of the game, all my friends can skate smoothly, but I kept falling down T__T Why? Don’t want to give up yet, I forced my sister to bring me there again for several times… I even got a trainer to help me...but up to the time I am typing this, I still don’t know how to skate.
The same things happen when I want to learn swimming, or ballet, or pool. I really don’t want to believe I’m that bad in sport.. Until I tried one running game (During my first year at NTU, to get 2 points :P) and be the last runner.
I began to accept the fact that I’m not good in sport.. and really impressed with people who are good in sport =D I felt that they must have really been putting much effort than me, that's why they deserved to have it.
Alrite. I lost track of the original intended content of this entry.
What I actually want to grumble is about my inadequacy in soft skill…. in writing something impressive and interesting to read on. I had been complained that my blog entry always very long winded and full with grammatical error =.=. But I didn’t care too much about it.. I blog because I enjoy it.. If I need to type, think, re-edit and review before I posted it.. I wont enjoy the process.. That was my defense.
Now, here I’m in final year. I can’t escape from professional writing anymore. At least, I need to do my resume. And my Final Year Report. Ha. Now I regret why I never take it seriously before.. I also regret why I didn’t have much reading on English novel or what.. I felt so lack of word choices to express my thought. When I read back of what I write.. I know that it wasn’t exactly what I mean, but I can’t rephrase it better! You must know how bad it feels when the result didn’t match our expectation T_T
So, here are 2 conclusions of today entry:
1. People tend to be impressed with other who had skill which he/she doesn't acquire.. I am impressed with some of my classmates who can always present their ideas well. No matter it's right or wrong, it's still a skill!
2. Don’t only learn what you are asked to learn.. Do what you like. Be good in it. Practice will be necessary (especially things like communications skill. It can't be built overnight) It will eventually be proven to be useful in different way. There is no such thing as time being wasted :)
Sad to be bad in sense of direction, proud to be (at least) good in eating :p
Erlin.D
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Limitations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
erlin, kok kayaknya gua juga bad in sense of direction ya :p
sometimes we dunno what we are good at and it's at hidden personality (according to the beloved johari windows)
Haha... Theresia is bad in sense of direction? issit? w gk pernah dengar record u tuh :p.. w da sering lost.. T_T
Yes, sometimes we dont know what we're good at.. and it also took sometimes to figure out what we're bad at. Like this sense of direction.. I only realized that i'm lower than average when I'm here in NTU.. Thanks to my friends here who are more open to speak and tease me about it XD hahaha...
PS: Hebat, masih ingat Johari window.. Mine already given back to Mr. Pathak XD
Post a Comment