Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spending Quality Time

This is just another boring blog entry about abstract thingy… :p

I’m considering adding another motto beside “There is always a time for everything”. Still related to time, it’s about “Spending Only Quality Time”. I interpreted it as “spending time for something that you know you wont regret spending” It sounds simple, but sadly, these few weeks I didn’t feel doing anything close to that statement.

This festive season, I decided not to go back despite of my family’s request. I defended myself saying that I needed to do FYP… and the ticket to go back isn’t cheap as well. My sister teased me asking “So you will be able to finish your FYP if u didn’t go back? Does it really so important?” I ignored it and fully determined to make use of this week holiday to do the max..

And so, here is the end of the week… I wont said I didn’t enjoy the holiday.. but I really suffered the remorseful feeling.. which mostly caused by my bogus expectation towards myself.

I ended up never lay my single finger on FYP or any of the three assignments. Instead, I did a lot of things out from plan… (Sum up the cost together, it didn’t differ much from the price for air ticket T_T). The holiday was fun.. But the fun formed isn’t maximized… E.g. I think I will be much more satisfied finished my FYP then turned to Harry Potter, rather than the other way round… When you’re doing too much fun, you just didn’t feel the added value anymore… just topping up your guilt feeling when you’re coming to your real assignment.

Having said that, if I were back to home and I didn’t do my FYP as well, I didn’t feel this guilty feeling. Same outcome (FYP untouched) but different feeling (Guilty VS Happy)

Well, this entry might not be well formed… But I got 2 main point there.. first is to plan something with a right expectation. Second... is to get the plan sort in a right order.

I blogged when I supposed to sleep, but I still didn’t feel guilty :p
Erlin.D

2 comments:

imambenjol said...

>>But I got 2 main point there.. first is to plan something with a right expectation. Second... is to get the plan sort in a right order.

nice points erlin

Unknown said...

hmmm... *suspect whether it's really nice points or just want to inform me that I lack of a 's' in the 'point'*

Hahahaaa... anyway, thanks so much, nyo~ so glad to find someone agreeing :D