Friday, March 07, 2008

Coffee Experiment

For this past three years, I drink a cup of coffee, almost everyday. I might skip my breakfast or lunch, but I never skipped coffee. My health conscious friends said that I’m addicted, and urged me to try reducing the coffee intake slowly, before I got the undesirable health problem, with yellow teeth as a bonus.

So, now, as my coffee supply is going low, I started to follow their advices. I spent 3 days without coffee.

The result was disastrous.

First day without coffee, I wasn’t sleepy, but I’m lack of concentration. End up, the task that I supposed to finish in half hour, dragged until 5 hours. As I have a tight schedule, I have no choice but to do the stuff until 3 am.

Second day without coffee, I woke up at 12pm. And again, the same thing happen: not be able to concentrate in day time, but feeling all awake at night. I work until 4 am to get my stuff done.

Third day without coffee, I started to get pimple. I slept at 5 am that day.

Fourth day, I quit trying to give up coffee.

I realized that I have really been addicted to coffee. It didn’t mean that I can’t live without it, but it has played a part in giving me a normal life. With a cup of it every morning, I feel energized and concentrated on what I do throughout the day. At night, the coffee effect ran out just when I want to rest, so that I can have a good and peaceful sleep.

The experiment might be biased due to the busy load that I was having at that time… but for several month ahead, I might not want to try another funny experiment. Haha… Previously, I always thought that there is no harm in drinking coffee... but now, I really don’t know whether it’s right or not for me to have it everyday... Thanks to all my friends who make me feel more and more guilty as time passed. T_T

Friday Light Post,
Erlin.D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

first, dump your friends. who needs friends when you have coffee? (just kidding :)

second, i've tried this experiment before and let's just say i'm lucky i didn't have to be scraped off the road.

lastly, there are many heath benefits
from drinking coffee. just try not to drink too many cups and don't drink any 6 hours before you sleep. enjoy!

WK said...

I don't think coffee is bad either. However I believe all kind of addiction is bad.

One cup of coffee is ok but if you can't life without coffee, that's a bad sign.

Is there any known relation between pimple and coffee? hahaha... I am agree that CHANGE is tough but you make the choice. Maybe you can start with reducing the "dosage" of coffee instead of full abstinence.

Unknown said...

haha, to cut your addiction suddenly in one shot is a wrong measure in the first place. it's just like smoking, you can't stop smoking directly within one day. i believe that reducing your dosage gradually is more appropriate.

I agree with William on his view about addiction. Even addicted to chewing gum is bad too. I used to drink coffee everyday during my high school time. haha.

all the best for your "coffee rehabilitation" program. ^^

Unknown said...

@ Anonymous

Thx.. you make me kinda relieve to continue having coffee... haha.. :p

When I stop the coffee intake, I tot that I would be a good girl and sleep at 11pm, but the result show otherwise!! I dont know if it's you who are lucky or me who are unlucky. haha..

@ WK

I agree that the Change is tough.. I feel it's even tougher when I can't assure myself that what I'm stopping is a bad thing. You see, coffee comes with its benefit as well... and not all bad like smoking. That's why I’m so indecisive T_T Maybe I can try to switch my coffee addiction to other thing... hmmm.. KFC later? :p hahahaaa…

Thx for the reply pals... I appreciate it a lot ^^

Unknown said...

@ Winson

Smile Cheeseeee *Wanna check if the yellow teeth due to coffee is a fact :p hahahaaa.. just joking... ^^

How did you stop the coffee addiction? You found other more interesting things during high school? (devil devil)

Haha... I agree that stopping slowly is the best thing to do... but maybe I can't afford to do it in this final semester, sacrifying my team mate because of my rehabilitation (right, mate? :p) I'll give it a try again after graduation ^^

helios_lie said...

I suddenly got a business idea to plant and sell coffee in NTU...

Unknown said...

@ Helios

=_________='''

*speechless due to the lameness*

imambenjol said...

i'm also conducting coffee experiment lor, but different experiment from yours hahaha.

trying different brand of coffee. Now i'm addicted to white coffee aaaaaaa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipoh_white_coffee

Unknown said...

the white coffee isn't really white after all =.=''

But, it's good to try :D *thinking of purchasing white coffee after my coffee stock run out. hahaha..

Thx for the idea!

imambenjol said...

try the gold blend penang white coffee @ nanyang market. the one with yellow/chocolate box. i like it better than the ipoh brand hahaha.