Sunday, October 03, 2010

Back to work!

This is my first week start working again after the two weeks break. As usual, I was anxious for the ‘first’ day… and trapped myself into a sleepless on the Sunday night =_=; Sometimes I’m just amazed with myself… How can I still feel so anxious after being in the same company for more than two years? ~.~

Luckily, I can still wake up fresh the next day. I reached office at 9.30 AM, and glad that everything was still looking somehow familiar. I did my routine: cleaning up my cup, booting up my computer, and playing a little game of guessing number of mails from the past 2 weeks. I was relieved as I saw 3 digit numbers instead of 4… and yes, my inbox size was still within limits. I spent the next couple of hours screening through my mails, then went to say hi to my boss - which I regretted later on - as he started to give me more work T_T I should have pretended that I didn’t see him, at least for the first day.

Anyway, first day passed quite well :) One thing I noticed was, after around 15 days away from computer, my eyes gets tired easily. It felt burnt after 8 hrs. Normally it won’t even bulge for 24 hrs, especially during those university days :)

This week, we watched How I meet your mother, Big Bang Theory, and stated with Glee. I decided to watch Glee after hearing so many good reviews + getting the downloaded file from my roomate :p It was a good first impression on its pilot episode.

Watching Glee makes me realized how much time has passed in my life. I used to watch those high school theme movies and dream of experiencing those moments myself. I used to read the biography of the actors, admired how good they are, and gave myself an encouragement “Of course, they are twenties. When I’m their age, I will have these talents too!”

Fast forward, now I’m watching high school movie & realized I have missed the stage. I can’t even have myself admiring the lead actor anymore. And now when I look at their profile… oh my! Are these people really same age as me? And some even 5 years younger than me? Since when I’m aging so fast? It used to be the world of Spice Girls, The Moffats, Boyzone, Backstreet boys. All in sudden, it’s all about Sean Kingston, Justin Bieber, Taylor swift, Charice, Wonder girls, Twilight… ~.~ Gosh I’m so out!

OK, coming back to work and reality now!

On Thursday, I had the normal 9pm weekly call in the office. Was trying to find some friends for dinner at 6.30pm but can’t find any... (how can they all decided to ditch me on the same day T_T) so decided to take this opportunity for my diet.
Friday, I was suddenly overloaded with work. I don’t know what my bosses were up too. They started briefing me with new stuff at 7pm, and said it can be done anytime before Monday. Before Monday? I was speechless. There goes my Friday night. I stayed in office until 1.30am before deciding to come back on the next day.

Saturday, I can’t sleep well and decided to wake up at 10am. After lunch, I went to office & came back at 6pm. Next thing I know, I was in flight to Bangalore and now alone in Vivanta Hotel. I am still clueless how I ended up here for my weekend, but next week will definitely be another thrilling week.


Playing with the Touch Screen Phone

Meet again, Benguluru!
ED

2 comments:

cd said...

strange..i thought i already leave comment few days ago..but never appear...

lucky we never change our workshop schedule ;)

Unknown said...

cit.. u are so right!! im glad we stick to the timing.. haha..

now.. when shall we go for the next date? *looking at the voucher :p