Tuesday, November 29, 2011

5 more days to StanChart Run!

I’m running out of evening slot to practice. Due to daylight savings, all my calls that supposed to end at 6pm now end at 7pm. By then it’s already too late for me to start running =(

My call finished at 6.35pm on Tuesday When I checked out the weather, the rain has just stopped. I hesitated a bit, but in the end decided to go for a quick run. Either today or never! I started to run at around 6.50pm. I guess the monsoon season also means that the sky turned dark earlier. At around 7.15pm, my running path was pitch black. I can hardly see anything in front of me, most of the time I stepped into puddle. The road was also a bit slippery which made me even more cautious. I finished my 5.5km run at around 7.30pm. I’m glad that I made it, but I don’t think I want to do that again next time. It’s a nice weather, but the place around Labrador Park is way too dark to run around after 7pm T_T

My RunKeeper for the day!
At night, I chatted with my roomie about the preparation for the run before we slept. She is taking the full marathon and hence might need to wake up as early as 3am (whew!) That was the last thing we discussed before I finally fall asleep... and had a weird dream on the StanChart run...

I was in the 10km run. I started to run from City Hall. After 10 minutes, I realized that I have an exam to take, so I run into a classroom and start taking exam. My mind was split between the exam and run. At one time I want to do my best in the exam, at the same time, I know that I will be disqualified if I didn’t finish my run within 2 hours. I did the exam for one hour, then run out of classroom to continue with the run. At that time, most of my friends have already completed the run… I was trying to catch up, but somehow I can’t find much direction of the running path… in the end I got lost... I run around to find the correct path and ended up in a jungle.

Then I woke up. Hahaha. 5 more days to go, I hope things will be smooth in the real run!
ED

No comments: