Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sing Your Mind Out

Ok the title doesn’t have anything to do with the rest of the blog entry. It’s the song sung by Sherina in the closing ceremony of One Young World conference. I found it when I was browsing, liked it, and so typing it here so that I can recall the title in the future :p

At the same week, I found out about Charice’s new album – “Infinity” :D I listened to her single “Louder”, and still can’t believe that such a young girl can have such a marvelous voice. Loving the album ~ How I wish she can be a permanent member in Glee.

I noticed that my music preference is shifting from boy bands to girl powers ^^; Most of them are also younger than myself. I wondered where were all my favorite-seasoned artists now. Where is Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston these days? Christmas is around the corner and I do hope that they will come out with some Christmas songs compilation as usual =)

Christmas lit-up started this week at Orchard, and I’m seeing more and more Christmas trees around Singapore (mental note: to have my camera ready from now on). How can you resist the holiday mood when everywhere seems to be screaming holiday?

Random Shot at Orchard - The theme color seems to be blue this year!
Office has turned quieter these days. I received at least 4 out of office message for every 10 participants I sent to. Our performance evaluation period is over, people start taking turn in clearing leaves, and I can see more and more travels print-out in office’s printer :p Anyway, I passed this week similar to how I passed last week. How do I explain my feeling? I’m excited that December is coming in two weeks now, but at the same time scared that it will come and go before I savor it to the max. I have been waiting for it for 11 months! And now I don’t know what to do as it’s approaching.

It’s 3 weeks to my 10km Stand Chart run. I slept earlier on Friday and woke up at 6.30am for a jog with my roommate. I’m thankful that my roommate is in this together, so I have someone to keep me motivated :) (Not sure about the other way round). We run for around one and half hour (10+km), then I went back, showered, and go for my annual dental check-up.

After my bad experience with Tiong Bahru's Q&M last year, we decided to try out the Red Hill branch this time. Despite being the first client in the clinic, the secretary made us wait for 30 mins because we don’t have any appointment (why all dental secretaries are that hateable?) Having said so, the experience was better than last year. The doctor was kind (apart from all his salesman attempt to sell me implants, braces, and surgeries). He explained things well, and my cleaning doesn’t hurt as bad. Actually, the doctor even said that I have good dental hygiene (smile). For scaling, polishing, and filling, my bill went to the total of SGD 141 (undo smile).

It was around 11.30am when we’re done with the dental affair. We took bus 33 from Redhill to Queensway Shopping Center for… McValue Lunch! :p It has been really long since the last time I had McD, at least 3 months. I had Spicy Chicken Meal with green tea, which cost me less than SGD 5.5 (cheapskate mode on).

Back home, we got our annual aircon cleaning. The guys from AireControl were complaining that our aircons were way to dirty, saying that it should have been cleaned quarterly instead of annually. Knowing their hidden agenda (to get people to sign for yearly service contract), I just shrugged and said that annual is what mentioned in our Flat Agreement.

After a busy morning, my afternoon was pretty relaxing – tidying up stuff, watching my weekly clicknetwork episodes, responding to personal emails, and soon enough, it was time to go to Somerset for evening agenda :)

We had dinner at Coco Ichibanya. It was pretty crowded, I guess because of the 10% discount until the end of Nov. Thanks to Jess who arrived early, we didn’t have to queue at all =P I ordered Mushroom Cream Omelette Curry based on the review I saw in forums. The curry wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t above-average good. In fact, it taste exactly the same with the instant Japanese curry block you can find in Fair Price, which is also the same taste you can have in any coffee shop for SGD 5 =__=’’ Coco Ichibanya is known as king of curry in Japan, so I didn’t regret trying it out. If I ever go there again, it will be to try out its Level 5 spicy curry :)

My Mushroom Cream Omelette Curry (SGD13++)
We went to Cathay Orchard after dinner to catch “You’re the apple of my eyes” Taiwanese movie. The setting was mostly in high school, with last part in university. Oh well, I know I’m – a bit – too old for puppy love story, but the movie was really funny. Nothing really special about plot though, and again, I would have preferred the movie to be happy ending :(

那些年,我們一起追的女孩
This week, we seem to be clearing up the Chinese movies stocks. We watched The Sorcerer And The White Snake, followed by My Kingdom. The first movie story line was well known, so there is no much WOW element. The graphic was good, the girls are pretty, but it still weird to see snakes floating in the sky. The theme of the second movie was quite unique. The movie was talking about Chinese Opera, but the actors are those boy band singers. Those amateur singers were surprisingly quite good actors. The story was nice but the ending was kind of lame. It leaves me wondering of what the movie actually wants to convey :s

My sunday schedule was kind of empty, which I'm thankful of as I don't think I'm on my best of mood. After the morning badminton session, I just stayed at home, watching the weather turned from extreme hot to raining and now windy. I was lazying around playing Tiny Tower for the whole afternoon, and I guess it's time for me to get up and do some home chores... =__=''

Plan to start my year end planning by next week,
ED

PS: Does anyone see elephants all around Singapore lately? I just learnt that it's part of Elephant Parade exhibition - in an attempt to bring awareness and conservation of Asian Elephant.

Red Devil Elephant!

No comments: