You can always rely on Jess to come out with fresh idea for dinner - Like this one. Even though I have been going to Suntec for many times, I never know that a restaurant called “Mad for Garlic” existed. Surprisingly, it actually served a good tasting food!
We came at their last day of operation before going through massive renovation until further notice. As I stepped into the Bistro, I was quite excited with its decoration, which is basically filled with garlics. I don’t really understand why they still need to do any renovation, while the restaurant still look perfectly posh and fine.
There were 10 of us. And we happened to order 10 different main dishes without even planned for it. I got to taste different people’s main… and my favorite is all their pizzas! I ordered rice, which taste good too, but not very fancy.
Here are the food! In order of arrivals:
After dinner was the birthday celebration. Jess came out with a cake and 3 big candles. I was stunned. Is Vera 30 now??? Time is flying in the speed of light! Quick enough, I heard Vera complained that she is not even 29! Then Jess explained that the 3 candles represent the 3 people who just had birthday in this table. That includes me!
Thanks to Jess for organizing :) It's really nice to meet Vera also after so long. She is still as bubbly and even prettier than before! I learnt to play some games and get to know some secrets from the truth we played afterwards. Heheheee...
Till the next gathering :D
ED
| Location of Mad for Garlic. Models: 2 hungry guys |
| Closing from the next day until further notice |
| The one pager menu! |
| The decoration - filled with glittering glasses and onions. Surprisingly the mix is good |
| The GOH of the day! |
Here are the food! In order of arrivals:
| Cipto's Calzone Pizza ($18.90++) - The healthiest of all. The small plate is the garlic dip |
| Helios' Garlic Snowing Pizza ($19.90++) - The favourite of all. A bit taste like garlic Naan :p |
| Winson's Chili Curry Chicken ($18.90++) - I love the chili flavour! |
| Henny's Garlic Butter Shrimp ($24.90++) - Whole lots of Shrimps! |
| Fredick' Seafood Rice ($18.90++) - Looks good! but Seafood is not my cup of tea |
| Juli's Meat Lover's Creamy ($18.90++) - A better version of Pizza Hut Meat Lovers |
| Jess' Suicide Rice($16.90++) - There is a story behind the ordering of the dish |
| Vera's Dancing Salsa Rice ($18.90++): The best in their Rice selection, in my view |
| Tatsu's Seafood Cream Risotto ($19.90++): The portion looks a bit too small for me :P |
| Finally Mine - Garlic Sizzling Rice ($17.90++): Taste OK but the garlic is not as strong as I wish |
| Complimentary dessert - Thanks to Helios! :p |
| We're 30! |
| Blowing one candle each |
| Cake cutting :D |
| 10 of us! |
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment