I still can’t believe that I actually took up a fitness membership. Something that I would have laughed it off if told one year ago. Why pay 100+ bucks per month if you can get the same thing cheaper? You can get Olympic size swimming pool for $1.3 at public swimming pool. You can get treadmill for $2.5 at sport hub. You can jog almost anywhere in Singapore for free, and safe. And anyway I went for regular badminton weekly, so I thought I got my exercising section covered pretty well.
The fact is, I forgot one important dimension – locations. Yes you can get things cheap, but where? And what is the possibility of me going to public swimming pool or sport hub on weekday? I still like the evening jog, but it has become more and more difficult since I moved to new office and the weird weather condition.
Lured by the location and peer pressure (so many of my colleagues signed-up), I finally signed-up on 2nd April 2012. Have been deprived from exercises for a while, I felt a very strong urge to start as soon as I can – right on the first day. Here is how I did for the last two weeks:
2nd Apr – Afternoon – Body Combat
3rd Apr – Morning – 10km Treadmill
4th Apr – Morning – Body Pump
5th Apr – Morning – Personal Training - 1/3
6th Apr – 8th Apr – BREAK! Short getaway :p
9th Apr – Evening – 10km Treadmill + Flow Yoga
10th Apr – Evening – 10km Treadmill + Body Pump
11th Apr – Morning – Body Pump
12th Apr – Morning – Personal Training – 2/3
13th Apr – Morning – 10km Treadmill
14th Apr – Morning – 20 laps Swimming
I’m quite satisfied with the membership so far. I’m really happy with their locations! Their 11 branches are located really, really strategic. My main is definitely one at Alexandra, which is just steps away from office. When I went for office training at City Hall, I visited the one at Millenia Walk. When I had meeting at Tanjong Pagar, I visited the branch at Capital Tower. They are all so convenient! And yes, all of those branches provide training attires, so I don’t have to go mad washing sweaty clothes everyday. It’s clearly designed with lazy people like me in mind.
All good facilities aside, I honestly haven’t felt any change in term of weight or muscles =_=’ I did feel that my appetite grows – which is definitely not my objective. I started to get used to wake up at 6am every morning, but I’m not sure how sustainable it is. I guess I have set a very high bar for myself in the first two weeks... I will be happy enough if I can keep it as it is... but quite sure that things are going to go downhill a bit after my urge is satisfied :p
First Timer,
ED
| Treadmill with View - Started to listen to Morning News thanks to the TVs |
| Tempting swimming pool just 2 mins away from office! |
2nd Apr – Afternoon – Body Combat
3rd Apr – Morning – 10km Treadmill
4th Apr – Morning – Body Pump
5th Apr – Morning – Personal Training - 1/3
6th Apr – 8th Apr – BREAK! Short getaway :p
9th Apr – Evening – 10km Treadmill + Flow Yoga
10th Apr – Evening – 10km Treadmill + Body Pump
11th Apr – Morning – Body Pump
12th Apr – Morning – Personal Training – 2/3
13th Apr – Morning – 10km Treadmill
14th Apr – Morning – 20 laps Swimming
I’m quite satisfied with the membership so far. I’m really happy with their locations! Their 11 branches are located really, really strategic. My main is definitely one at Alexandra, which is just steps away from office. When I went for office training at City Hall, I visited the one at Millenia Walk. When I had meeting at Tanjong Pagar, I visited the branch at Capital Tower. They are all so convenient! And yes, all of those branches provide training attires, so I don’t have to go mad washing sweaty clothes everyday. It’s clearly designed with lazy people like me in mind.
| Complimentary Wifi, I-net Browsing, Drinks, Steam Room, and many more |
First Timer,
ED
4 comments:
Jia you... I'm sure u can do it...
All the facilities look tempting...wish i can transferred my current membership to ur place ^^;
Thanks thanks Cit :D :D Haha.. when is your membership ending? Can always join next year :D
Gym bareng yukkkkkkkk, hahaha... I like body combat!
I love body combat too!! my favourite so far. haha... yuuuukkk.. weekend gym barennngg... haha... w biasa di mapletree sih... u dimana ya? :D da mulai kuliah ya ven?
Post a Comment