Sunday, April 22, 2012

Run350 – 10KM Women’s Open

This is my first 10km run of the year and I was really enjoying it :D Thanks DB for sponsoring the run for 100 of us :p I like everything from the goodie bag to the shirt – if only they were in any other color than orange… hahaha! (greedy human nature =__=)

Finisher Medal for Run350! :D
I was kind of excited and I woke up at around 4 even before my alarm rang (then of course go back to sleep again until 5 something). Unlike Standard Chartered Marathon, there is no special extended MRT for this run. I tried to register for their $5 shuttle bus, but even that is not covering Queensway. I was about to call a cab, but suddenly my friend told me that he would be driving and could pick me up. I’m so lucky!

I went out at around 5.40am and reached there before 6am. Few people told us the bad experiences about the shuttle bus – some got cancelled and some were late for 20 minutes… so late that few people have to take cab instead. I imagine the bus company will be getting lots of complains. It’s the first time I reached a run place early and got a chance to look around. I got to see the flag off for 21km runners, as well as stand close enough to get pictures of the start gate. It’s also the first time that I joined a race which start before 7am. The sky was still dark!

At the Start Gate - Pitch Black at 6.30am
The run started at 6.45am. It was an enjoyable run – it is definitely not as crowded as Standard Chartered. I got to see few pacers in front of me, with balloon tied to their shirt – it’s really cute. My target time was 70 mins, so I tried to stick around with the 1hr 5 mins pacer. Unfortunately I lost them in my 4th KM or so when I stopped to drink T_T

The Run Path - at around 9KM
The whole run finally took me around 1hr 13mins (exact time still need to wait for the official announcement). I didn’t meet my target of 70mins, but at least few mins faster than the last run :) I’m surprised that I can actually finish the run without the urge to stop and walk. I’m guessing that my mind hasn’t been really awake yet and hence I just run without thinking.

Finally remember to take a sign this time. One KM to go!
After run, we got medal and banana and 100 plus (enjoying the free welfare). I tried to find some colleagues I know, took few pictures, and then went to have breakfast at McD at Marina Square. Not everyday I can relax and enjoying McD breakfast with friends. Hahaha…

Taken with my lousy iPhone 3GS T_T 
Taken with Ranga's iPhone 4 :D
I feel my passion towards running grow every time I finished the run. Guess it’s the atmosphere. There are around 10,000 people in the run this time. My next run will be in one-month time! Better start training if I don’t want to lie down flat for the 21km.

Happy Earth Day everyone!
ED

No comments: