Eriko is one of the sweet Japanese ladies I met during my training in UK 4 years ago. After the global training, all of us went back to our own country and lived our own ways. For me, I lost contact with most of them, especially if we’re not in the same department.
That’s why, I was so surprised to see Eriko – a grad from Finance Tokyo, and all the way in Singapore attending the same training I had last month. To my surprise again, I still remember her name! :p and she still remember mine. Oh gosh. We had nice time chatting with each other. Apparently get an opportunity to move to Singapore and she accepted it. She is no longer in Finance. There are so many things over the past 4 years, we decided to catch up separately after training.
Yesterday, we met up for dinner at Garuda (she asked me to recommend Indonesian food and I don’t know where else to go). It was a bit tough for me to order – everything looks so delicious, yet it’s only two of us. In the end, my temptation wins. I ordered 5 of my favorite dishes… and I think I add rice for 2 times ^^;
It was a nice catch-up. She is still as cute as 4 years ago. She has been making tough decision to move here all alone, but determine to make the best out of it. Less than a year in Singapore and she already enrolled for Financial Engineering Course and took ballet during free time. That’s inspiring! I’m wishing her all the best :)
We chatted until we were the last one to leave the restaurant ^^; It was the waiter to finally come and politely asked us to pay the bill before we realized that it’s close to 10pm! I’m satisfied with the food and company :D It has been 24 hours and I can still feel the chili shrimp in my taste bud.
Hope to catch up with more friends soon :)
ED
![]() |
| UK 4 years ago in some museums - Li Hui, myself, and Eriko |
Yesterday, we met up for dinner at Garuda (she asked me to recommend Indonesian food and I don’t know where else to go). It was a bit tough for me to order – everything looks so delicious, yet it’s only two of us. In the end, my temptation wins. I ordered 5 of my favorite dishes… and I think I add rice for 2 times ^^;
| With Eriko! I can see my hungry face... |
We chatted until we were the last one to leave the restaurant ^^; It was the waiter to finally come and politely asked us to pay the bill before we realized that it’s close to 10pm! I’m satisfied with the food and company :D It has been 24 hours and I can still feel the chili shrimp in my taste bud.
Hope to catch up with more friends soon :)
ED

No comments:
Post a Comment