Sunday, June 03, 2012

Meeting with Anand @ China One

I'm still regretting until now that I didn't take a group picture!!! Argh!!! Failed photographer!

Well, Anand went to India last year to study at Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. This year, he is back to Singapore for 2 months Internship as a trader in RBS with almost 5 digit salary monthly and staying in hotel (why am I promoting him?) Anyway.

We decided to have a small gathering this Friday, just few of us - Anand, Abhi, Avi, Sab, Glen, and myself. We started with a dinner (read: Beer + Satay) at Lau Pa Sat, then moved on to China One as night went on.
50 Sticks of Satay @ 30 bucks - Lau Pa Sat
Sab definitely know where good promotion is. For $28 nett at China One, we got free flow of house pour! By that, it means buffet of Vodka, Gin, Tequila, Beers, and any other things you can think of. That's really worth it!

For some reason, I'm really weak with the word "Buffet" - I started with Vodka Cranberry, moved on to Vodka Orange, and later Vodka Coke, then Gin Tonic... all within the first one hour =___=''' Afterwards, I was happy with free flow of ice water.

It was nice catching up with your own batch people. All of them are still as funny! and at least they won't keep saying you old :) I hope to catch up with them more often... but it might means more liquors for me. Apparently, a gathering is not a gathering without liquor ^^; We chatted and I watched them played pool until around 12am, then Sab and I shared a cab home.

The only decent photo I had on China One T_T
By now, Anand should be sitting in India preparing for the school to start again. All the best to you, buddy! Remember us when you become a successful trader! :p
ED

No comments: