17th August this year means more than just a normal Indonesia’s independence day. It’s the start of hungry ghost festival as well as the eve of long weekend!
I started the day rolling on my bed for half an hour, contemplating if I should go gym. I was so lazy, but I didn’t go as well the day before, so it’s very hard for me to find more excuse. In the end, I dragged myself up at 6.45am, changed, and headed straight to the gym. I finished the 10km while watching Channel New Asia AM Live. Not much news except for wars and bearish stock market. They also announced that Indonesia stock market would be closing until Thurs due to public holiday. And oh, they also mentioned about the North East train breakdown.
The weather looked all right when I went to shower (only then it hit me that I forgot to wear red shirt. Where is my patriotism!). When I came out, I realized that the sky has turned so dark, and the rain started to pour heavily at around 9am. Such a sudden change and I started to relate it to hungry ghost month (still superstitious as ever) Thankfully my office is just a stone throw away the path is all sheltered.
I started my day with coffee and cookies as usual. I wasn’t expecting my boss until 3pm in the afternoon as she told me that she would be working from ORQ in the morning. I felt quite relaxed and started to go around chatting with people. All in sudden, she appeared at 9.30am saying something like she got urgent things that she have to complete here. Was she testing me out? If so, I guessed I failed the test.
Soon enough, she asked if I could have an hour meeting with her at 11.45am. I literally frowned. She was kind enough to ask what time do I normally go lunch, and I responded, “On Friday? 11.30am!” She laughed, but still continued with the meeting until 12.45pm anyway. Talk about my luck on seventh month!
Never mind, I’m quite lucky that my friends still waited up for me. We drove to Zion road for the Pepperoni Pizzeria (second time within a month!). I made a reservation but the place wasn’t crowded at all during weekday lunch. There was only one other table apart from ours.
We were really hungry, so we flagged the waiter for order as soon as we reached there. Impulse or what, we ordered the famous Family XXL 21’ Pizza! I went with 2 mad people =_=’ We ordered half of Frutti Di Mare (Prawns, clams, scallops, squid rings, fish and garlic) and half of Suprema (Shitake, chicken sausage, onions and red chili). The pizza reached after 15 mins. I love the speedy service! Good that we ordered before the next table (of 15 people), otherwise we would have waited forever.
It’s when I realized that… 21’ is HUGE! It’s 3 times from the large size pizza! My heart sunk when I saw the size of the pizza. How would we be able to finish even half of it? We spent 5 minutes taking pictures, and finally digging in to the pizza, which was… super nyummy ^^
In the end, I realized that my estimation was not very good. We finished the pizza to the last crust (and almost fighting for it). The quality of the pizza was superb – a $50 well spent! :D ... and well worth the sore throat which come afterwards.
I reached back office at 2pm, definitely not in the mood to work. Alas, coming up next was an hour numbers-heavy discussion, which dragged until more than 2 hours. I didn’t care anymore how I yawned in front of my boss as the call went on. I don’t have to talk much though I ended up with most of the action points. Oh dear T_T
My afternoon time is always not very appealing, and this Friday was no different. I hung up my last call at 8pm, informed my relatives who just arrived in SG that I won’t be having dinner with them, and then went for a simple dinner at food court (still feeling guilty with the lunch), until the lights went off at 9pm.
I waited for bus for almost 20 minutes, and reached back home at almost 10pm. I received a letter from Standard Chartered, and for the first time, it’s not a bill! It’s a $10 Cold Storage Voucher for my participation in online bill payment. Oh I started to love you more, SC! Who care if you're doing some laundry service XD
We spent the rest of the evening watching “The Lucky One” from Zac Afron, a light love-themed movie compared with the previous movie we watched: “Puncture” from Chris Evans (too many handsome guys movie these days! Where are the pretty girls?)
Due to the lack of good games in iPhone these days (or the lack of those compatible with my antique iphone 3gs, I started to play “Stop The Knights” programmed by Wihu… and get hitched! I completed 10 levels in one day and dreamt about it, I guess ^^;
That’s for a very detailed Friday,
ED
I started the day rolling on my bed for half an hour, contemplating if I should go gym. I was so lazy, but I didn’t go as well the day before, so it’s very hard for me to find more excuse. In the end, I dragged myself up at 6.45am, changed, and headed straight to the gym. I finished the 10km while watching Channel New Asia AM Live. Not much news except for wars and bearish stock market. They also announced that Indonesia stock market would be closing until Thurs due to public holiday. And oh, they also mentioned about the North East train breakdown.
The weather looked all right when I went to shower (only then it hit me that I forgot to wear red shirt. Where is my patriotism!). When I came out, I realized that the sky has turned so dark, and the rain started to pour heavily at around 9am. Such a sudden change and I started to relate it to hungry ghost month (still superstitious as ever) Thankfully my office is just a stone throw away the path is all sheltered.
I started my day with coffee and cookies as usual. I wasn’t expecting my boss until 3pm in the afternoon as she told me that she would be working from ORQ in the morning. I felt quite relaxed and started to go around chatting with people. All in sudden, she appeared at 9.30am saying something like she got urgent things that she have to complete here. Was she testing me out? If so, I guessed I failed the test.
Soon enough, she asked if I could have an hour meeting with her at 11.45am. I literally frowned. She was kind enough to ask what time do I normally go lunch, and I responded, “On Friday? 11.30am!” She laughed, but still continued with the meeting until 12.45pm anyway. Talk about my luck on seventh month!
Never mind, I’m quite lucky that my friends still waited up for me. We drove to Zion road for the Pepperoni Pizzeria (second time within a month!). I made a reservation but the place wasn’t crowded at all during weekday lunch. There was only one other table apart from ours.
We were really hungry, so we flagged the waiter for order as soon as we reached there. Impulse or what, we ordered the famous Family XXL 21’ Pizza! I went with 2 mad people =_=’ We ordered half of Frutti Di Mare (Prawns, clams, scallops, squid rings, fish and garlic) and half of Suprema (Shitake, chicken sausage, onions and red chili). The pizza reached after 15 mins. I love the speedy service! Good that we ordered before the next table (of 15 people), otherwise we would have waited forever.
| Pizza as big as television! Look at my happy face ^^; |
I reached back office at 2pm, definitely not in the mood to work. Alas, coming up next was an hour numbers-heavy discussion, which dragged until more than 2 hours. I didn’t care anymore how I yawned in front of my boss as the call went on. I don’t have to talk much though I ended up with most of the action points. Oh dear T_T
My afternoon time is always not very appealing, and this Friday was no different. I hung up my last call at 8pm, informed my relatives who just arrived in SG that I won’t be having dinner with them, and then went for a simple dinner at food court (still feeling guilty with the lunch), until the lights went off at 9pm.
![]() |
| A bowl of Fish Noodle for Dinner |
| Free $10 Cold Storage Voucher! Equivalent to 4 cans of Pringles - Thanks SC! |
Due to the lack of good games in iPhone these days (or the lack of those compatible with my antique iphone 3gs, I started to play “Stop The Knights” programmed by Wihu… and get hitched! I completed 10 levels in one day and dreamt about it, I guess ^^;
That’s for a very detailed Friday,
ED

No comments:
Post a Comment