Friday, August 24, 2012

Singapore Night Festival 2012 + Dinner at Nihon Mura, Dhoby Ghaut

Singapore Night Festival is an annual event organized by National Heritage Board. I believe that it has started at least 5 years ago, but I haven’t really got a chance to visit it until this year.

We went there last Friday after office hour. I went directly after my presentation training from ORQ, and reached Dhoby Ghaut around 6.30pm. I almost can’t believe the crowd I see at Plaza Singapore. There are so many people who have life after work! XD

I met up with Inche and Tomy. After some discussion, we settled for dinner at Nihon Mura. It wasn’t crowded when we went in at 7pm, but long queue formed when we left at around 8.00pm. The food was decent, but I really like their stick-ordering concept. I tried to take some pictures but then got told off T_T

Just pick the menu stick and send to cashier to order. Paperless! :D
Our food! I ordered some Udon. Winson's Onion Rice looked really delicious
Friday's 1 For 1 Mango and Kiwi Tempura Ice Cream
With happy tummy, we then declared the start of our adventure. Hi, Night Festival! The first installation was right outside the Cathay, infront of Singapore School of Art.

Children's Dreams - from Department of City of Lyon, France 
For the events, all the museums are open until 2am in the morning, and entrances are all free! We were literally doing museum hopping. I broke my own record of number of museums visited in a day.

#1 - National Museum of Singapore
"Scaling the Dome" @ NMS, the Rotunda
Shadow Puppet Craft Making - Wanted to try! But priority given to kids.. so... T_T
The lights kept swinging from one end to another during the circus show - reminds me of some SEGA video games XD
Nestle 1930s Street Stall - Must go place for free coffee, kitkat, milo, instant noodle, etc!
#2 - Singapore Art Museum
All the front side of museums look the same @.@ Love the lighting effect! 
Went in and confused of where to go - resting while trying to figure out the next step

#3 - Sam at 8Q - I love this museum the most - lots of interesting arts!
The exhibitions were so random... and we just kept snapping pics
An exhibition full of boxes. And you're allowed to add to the art! I lol-ed at the "Call Me Maybe"
Was trying to find an empty boxes for ourselves, but found nothing... So add on to people's art - We're Here - Winson Inche Tomy Erlin :p
This is called "Grow a garden in the dark". We can do our own origami and put it to the garden
#4 Peranakan Museum - last museum we visited at 11pm - lots of story about Emily of Emerald Hill
Trying out their Nyonya dress! :D 
Ending the day with a sweet free ice cream treat :p
I loved the overall experience. As I said, four museums in four hours is a new record to me. I had lots of fun and spent *count count* - 0 dollar for the whole night of fun ^^; free museum entrance, free exhibitions, free coffee, free water (museum comes with water cooler), free kit-kat, free ice-cream and many more (... I sound really cheap =_=). The point is! I want to thank Singapore for the whole nice experience. Would have been perfect if I wasn't wearing high heels.

Till next year :)
ED

No comments: