The long weekend is finally here! And my relatives are here in Singapore! I wake up at 7.30am, freshen up, and went to Marina Mandarin to meet up with them. They reached on Friday evening via Batam (flight tickets were all sold out). I reached there at around 9.30am with packed breakfast ala Singapore: some kaya toast from Toast Box and sunny side up toast bread from Breadtalk.
It was my first time being in Marina Mandarin hotel’s room, and I must say that… it’s not bad. With almost everyone else staying in Marina Bay Sands when they visited Singapore, It’s nice to see other hotel once in a while. They bought the voucher from Indonesia for Rp 1.8M (SGD 225), inclusive of breakfast for two. That’s really good deal!
 |
| Marina Mandarin - I love the decoration near the bed! |
 |
| The view outside the hotel room :) |
We chatted for a while, and they were busy deciding where to go. I took the liberty to show them their first destination – temple @ Bugis! XD I like to bring people there as the first destination – to pray and to ensure that everything will go fluently for the rest of the trip.
After prayer, we went to Bugis Street for shopping. There are times I was left blank when they asked me the price in Rupiahs and my brain just couldn’t remember how to do multiplications.
After shopping was lunchtime! We went to Crystal Jade for lunch. They planned about the rest of the day during lunch and asked me about so many things that I never really noticed. What is Dinner on Cruise? Why would anyone go for Cable Car? I don’t know what’s there at Clarke Quay except drunken people. After the whole plan, they decided to go to Singapore Zoo as next destination. Since there were just nice for 4 of them to share a cab, I decided not to join. I offered to carry their shopping bags to hotel room and then retired for the day :)
 |
| Group Pic @ Bugis Junction |
It was nice to go out with relatives – that’s when you really get to chat and know more of how they are doing. They will be around until Wed next week, I wanted to tag along with them, but I guess I will make it difficult especially when trying to grab a cab. So… till we meet again! :) And Jun, I wish you a happy wedded life! Hope to see you with your husband next time we met :p
Enjoy the rest of the Holiday in Singapore!
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment