Monday, September 10, 2012

Fitness First – The Dark Side

Like all relationships, everything always feels so perfect in the beginning. As time goes, you starts to see the other side of the thing. Depends on how bad it’s, you can either tolerate it, or just feel so frustrated.

I think I have not much complain about the facilities. Even though it comes with a steam room that is always under repair, a receptionist who never smiles, and clocks that never shows accurate timing – I think those all are petite issues and I never bothered about it (except for now when I just feel like complaining all I can).

The three things that I am really furious about:

1. My membership consultant lied about my membership
She promised me 12 + 4 memberships but she never got any approval from her manager. I have been following up with her for the last few months and never get any proper resolution. In the end, she resigned and the new consultant told me that my membership is only 12 months as per their records.

2. My membership consultant twisted the fact on the Body First reimbursement
When I first joined, she told me to get trial for 3 sessions of Personal Trainers for $118. If I can complete them within a month, she said that the money would be paid back to the credit card. Now that things are completed, she said the money can’t be reimburse and can only be use to purchase their product or used for another personal training session. I was really angry. I asked to meet her manager. She said the manager was on maternity leave and will be back in August, and turn out that she actually left first.

3. The referral gift does not worth the frustration
I referred one of my friends and it feels like I have to beg them forever to get a referral gift. Whenever I asked for the gift, they will say that it’s out of stock. In the end, she left and the new consultant said that there is no referral point in my account and so they can’t give any gift!

I don’t know if everyone has such a bad experience or it’s only me. Maybe I expect too much from them, but please, it was promised to ME!! Not that I asked on top of what's promised. The lady even promised me that I can bring my friend whenever I want to the gym - just for the sake for me to sign-up.

So, despite all the nice locations and all, I don't know if I will re contract next year. I know I got no bargaining power, but I just felt so cheated!!! ROAR!

Maybe I should go 3 times a day and steal few towels to distress.
ED

2 comments:

Cd said...

Well...nothing is perfect ^^;
No point in arguing with them.. Safe ur energy & 'fully' utilize it while u can...once it over,just change to outdoor running...'free' membership ;p

Unknown said...

Haha.. yup Cit.. the whole thing was really shady. they can say yes to everything to get u signed up... and then just push u around whenever u asked for the promises :(