Friday, September 21, 2012

My Day-To-Day Snippet – Meet up with Jo, Lunch @ Thai Noodle House, Dinner @ Ootoya, Clementi

My wise friends once advised me not to spend too much time at work. At the end of the days, you won’t remember how many OT you did. You’ll actually remember the small little things in between, and you’ll wonder why you didn’t spend more time on the little things.

That’s really true for me. Even now as I’m typing this blog on weekend, I can only remember the time I spent with friends in between work on weekday. You asked me what I did in office, I have to try hard to recall, even though I indeed had long week in office (my boss is on leave!! Sigh!!)

The Exercise on Monday 

I slept early and woke up early for the start of my weekly exercise. The instructor looked so much fresher (she looked like crying last time). Had a good workout and 4km treadmill. In the afternoon, my friends asked if I want to join for Body Pump. Feel like I got nothing to lose, I joined the lunchtime class. OMG it was super crowded. There were at least 30 people in the class and we almost bumped to each other. We have to wait around 15 mins just for the shower alone =_=’’ Good experience but I think I will stick to my morning routine. We laughed and ate Subway afterwards. The Subway tasted better than usual. Apparently exercise helped to chase my Monday’s blue away.

The great news on Tuesday 

Dwipin, our great friend, is finally a father!! We talked about it so many times before he got married. Back in 2010, I kept teasing him of when I will get to see little Dwipin, and now here he it’s! It’s a baby boy!! Congratulations, D Baba! So happy for you! We went lunch together in the afternoon and he treated us at Bistoquet ^^;

Seafood Pasta + Soup + Dessert @ $16
The Breakfast on Wednesday 

I can’t sleep well the day before, and ended up as the first person to reach gym at 6.30am in the morning. I had a 4km run before joining the Body Pump class at 7.15am. After a great workout, my friend offered to treat me breakfast out of his good mood (why not Erlin never reject free food XD) so we had breakfast at Killiney before starting work. It was a long day for me, but I felt all right thanks to a good start… and a good motivator at home :)

Killiney Breakfast Set - $4.2
The Meet Up on Thursday 

Jo asked me the day before if I was available for lunch. Of course I’m!!! I haven’t met her since I left AM GTO back in 2009. She has slim down. A LOT! But in term of personality, she didn’t change a bit. It’s still so fun listening to her story. I was lucky to have the company of the other AM GTO as well for lunch. It felt like a small gathering! Despite having catching up for so long, nothing really seem to change – everyone is still in contact with everyone else. I feel so nostalgic.

Me + Jo @ Food Style
The Lunch + Dinner on Friday 

Friday is always a good excuse for good food! This time, we went to Thai Noodle House at Coronation Road for lunch. It was nice food :D I can never say no to Thai Food (or any food, actually). The chef – a Thai-looking auntie, is really friendly and fast to recommend when we asked for specialties.

Thai Noodle House @ Coronation Road
Tom Yum, Green Curry, Stew Beef, Veg, drinks @ $75 for 5
After a bunch of calls in the afternoon, I knocked off from office at around 7pm and headed straight to Clementi mall, on my failed pursue of iPhone 5. In the end, we managed to get a good dinner at Ootoya, thanks to Winson’s recommendation.

Ootoya - with Free flow of side dishes, drinks, miso soup, and rice O.O Paradise!!
His Menu - Tarakurozu (Deep fried cod fish with sweet and sour kurozu sauce) Set - $19 - Best! 
My Menu - Kasan (Simmered breaded chicken with Vegetable) - $17.5 - Also very nice!
The week ended with Snow White and the Huntsman’s (I give it… one star!!! bleh) and Glee :)

Rest early for the iPhone Hunting Day,
ED

No comments: