Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Exclaim 7 - The Aftermath

The most awaited of the year is finally here. SCE School Day – Exclaim 7! As I mentioned in my previous post, I was fully ON for this event.

Knowing this is my last year joining, I decided to enjoy it to the fullest. That’s why, upon receiving information regarding Amazing Race, I applied without hesitance. But joining alone will not be as fun as going along with friends; hence I decided to persuade others to join as well.

This was what I posted in our yahoo group to persuade:

-----
Hi, anyone wanna join Amazing Race? We got the winning probability of 90%. Below are the derivations:
1st year students are still green and dont know about SCE ---> Wont be able to answer the questions correctly
2nd year students are busy with their DDP ---> Wont be able to join
3rd year students are on IA ---> Completely eliminated
4th year students are feeling too old ---> This is where we'll stand out!

In conclusion, 90% of them wont be participating... and we got higher chance of winning. So, Amazing Race anyone?
-----

In the end, there are 3 team from SCE Year 2004 (yeah, I know, 2004 means that we’re the oldest, but our spirits are exceptionally young :p) contained of 4 CSC-ians and 2 CE-ians. I myself partnered with Tjoa.

The race was at 11.30 am. On the event day itself, I slept only at 5am.. =.= (my sleeping time is really bad this week). I woke up at 10.30, with a very big temptation to sleep again until afternoon and forgot about the whole event. However, in my sleepy mind, I remember about buffet… which made up the motivation to wake up, shower, and run to Nanyang Auditorium.

The race started at 11.50. We needed to visit 3 places: Research Techno, Forensic Lab, and Parallel Distributed Computing Center. There, we were required to solve 7 questions + 1 challenge from the post master. First challenge was to draw an Exclaim logo. Second and Third were to do a typical orientation-type games.. which make me feel dejavu. I enjoyed the challenges quite a lot.. but the 7 questions really gave headaches T_T (A** and A***, thx for help! :p) We finished it in one hour plus.. which was truly late compared to the average submission of 40 minutes.

We finished the race just nice before the grand opening… the opening lasted for around half hour… My FYP supervisor get the award as the best lecturer for year 4!! I can’t believe it. Haha.. Congratz, Prof! Year 1 best lecturer was WWK, our second part lecturer for Cryptography.. yeah… he was good. Year 2 was someone I don’t know.. and Year 3 was Prof Miao! My lecturer for Soft Eng 2. haha…

After the opening, here come the most awaited time.. lunch! The food was overflown~~ I had a great lunch =D Afterwards, I continued with watching some performances, chatted with friends, as well as playing some games. I stayed there until 4.30, without even having the desire to walk out at all. You can tell that they really have done a good job ^^


12 rows of food! : : All for SCE-ians!

At 4 pm, the lucky draw started.. Despite the huge number of prizes, I didn’t get anything. But I, unexpectedly, win, the, amazing, race. First.place.some.more. I really never expected it!! I walked out from auditorium with a Creative Zen! Muahahaa… I was so happy… What make me happier was, the 3 winning teams are all FINAL YEAR friends… hahahaa… Does it mean that experiences outweighed everything? Muahaha… I kept smiling for the rest of the day. ^^;

Ok ba.. I felt sleepy now.. shall end my blog with a picture of what I get in this exclaim. Oh, btw, the Nanyang Auditorium was decorated with 600 of roses.. It was pretty… and creative =D Special thanks to all the Exclaim committee this year! You made my last Exclaim the most memorable one ^^ I felt so contended :)


I'm really inlove with the design.. *sigh

Now, as clock ticks to 9:20 pm.. I needed to back to reality and faced the stack of assigments.

ZzzZzz,
Erlin.D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Diana, you even misspelled your partner's name >.< so sad. who is A** and A** btw? :p anyway, thanks for everything haha.

Unknown said...

@ Winson

Haha.. purposely mispell to protect my partner... I dont want to be blamed if everyone asked him to treat later... :p

A** and A*** shall not be revealed if I don't want the prize to be forfeited. muahahaaaa XD

Thx for everything as well =] (bow)