
Don't click on the image, it wont bring you anywhere :p
The image is taken from NTU website banner on 2nd of March 08.
I can't figure out why it's using article 'an' instead of 'a' in the 'NTU degree'... Upon searching, I spotted that NUS is also using 'an NUS...' Why? is it because the 'N' read as 'en', so it's considered vowel? I never know about it before! @.@
Anybody cares to explain this English 101?
Erlin.D
4 comments:
yes, its just the sound. thats why you say a European country even though it starts with E. so really, your English is not getting worse.
Yep. Just follow the sound (phoneme) not the spelling, or else it will sound awkward. Use 'an' when followed by vowels sound.
Ic! Haha.. thanks to both shifu out there ^^ sooo... This is applicable to any character?
Let say.. MOS --> em o es
If you read it as 'mos', it will be 'a' mos
If you read it as M.O.S, it will be 'an' M.O.S?
Glad to learn about it... better late than never.. hahaa.. :p Thx!
Superb !!!
Post a Comment