Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dinner at Jimbaran Raya Seafood, Kisaran

After they closed shop on Sunday afternoon, aunt and uncle invited me for a ride to Kisaran for dinner. How would I say no? I’m actually quite impressed that they are willing to go all the way to Kisaran for a dinner. It’s almost 1-hour ride! Sometime I was reluctant to go to my favorite dining place just because it’s few bus stops away from my place.

We arrived at around 5pm and had our ‘snack’ stop the most famous “Tau Kua Hechi” (God I don’t know the spelling, let the pic do the explanation).

The said best Tau Kua Hechi in the whole Kisaran
The sinfully good fried spring roll
I was already half full when they asked me where did I want to go for dinner. We decided to try out the new restaurant that just open last month called “Jimbaran Raya Seafood”. The name reminded me of the place we went in Bali, but the atmosphere was quite different. The one at Bali are more romantic type with candle, while the one in Kisaran is purely family restaurant with bright lighting.

In any case, we ordered few items – all of them are decently priced and taste quite good. Had a good time chatting and hard time trying to finish all the food. It’s really too much! I think I had the whole crab for myself and they still keep asking me to eat more.

Jimbaran Raya Seafood - Menu & Address for future reference
My favourite avocado! Too sweet to my liking
Nothing can go wrong with salted egg
Black Pepper Crab - the star of the day
Group Pics as usual :D
It was dark when we started the journey home, but the travel time was much shorter. We make a stop near the seashore, where they are having a singing competition for this vegetarian month. Well, not really a singing competition. Everyone can go up to the stage and sing. Once done, they will receive a coupon. The lucky draw will be held afterwards to see who wins. The prize ranges from TV to fridge and bicycle. Tempting enough for 500 people to go up and sing throughout the night! O.O

one of the four big temple around the area
The small stage for everyone to go up and sing
I listened to few songs (none that I know of) and then went back home while my aunt and uncle continue to stay there. We reached back home at almost 10pm. Dad was wondering if we had dinner at Medan for taking so long (in his usual sarcastic voice :p) Mum was quite tired and we slept not so long afterwards.

Well, it was a fun Sunday!
ED

No comments: