Yesterday, mum asked me to accompany her to her friend’s son wedding. I haven’t really gone to weddings in my own hometown. There are only two restaurants around, and as far as I know, none of them are air-conditioned.
I decided to give it a try. Anyway I have gone all the way to India to experience Indian wedding – not fair that I didn’t experience my own hometown wedding. Mum did alert me in advance not to over expect, it’s the decent kind of wedding and not to be compared with city wedding.
We went there at 7.30pm by trishaw – the journey was 2 mins. We reached there, gave the red pockets, greeted the family, and then went in to the “ballroom” to our seat.
 |
| The Stage! With natural Air Con |
 |
| Our Table |
At 8.00pm sharp, the MC said hi to the guests and welcomed the family. There was two couple from dancing group who danced to welcome the groom and bride as well. Even though they were out of tune for more than half the dance, at least their make-up was decent.
Once the groom and bride were on stage and kissed, the dinner started at 8.10pm.
 |
| The entrance of the family! |
 |
| The dance to welcome the groom and bride |
 |
| ... and the groom and bride! |
This is where the experience differed. In the usual wedding I attend, we’ll then be waiting for the dishes to arrive one by one. For this, all the dishes arrived together!!! And no one was shy to start. I needed to fight for some food and ended up with some carrot and gravy =_=’
And guess what. The dishes ended within 15mins and people started to leave at 8.30pm :| I’m quite surprised. It’s the shortest wedding dinner I ever attended!
 |
| The all-in-one dishes |
 |
| Toast and Bye Thank You at the same time! |
It was 9pm when I reached back home and I told mum that I could take second round. It’s quite an eye opener after all – It’s a really short simple wedding, but I guess it still captured all the important elements in a wedding dinner :)
Wish the couple happily ever after!
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment