Friday, November 30, 2012

Cass’s Farewell Lunch at Secret Recipe, Anchor Point

Ok I decided the place. And Ok, before everyone started to judge me on why choosing such a decent place for a director farewell... allow me to explain.

It’s one of my very first attempts to hold a farewell lunch. Ideally, the manager of the leaving staff would arrange for it, but since her manager is in such a faraway Frankfurt and she has been such a lovely boss for me, I decided I should arrange a farewell lunch for her.

So after finalizing the list of invitee and the timing, I tried to look for a place. I tried to find a place that is halal, vegetarian, served Western food (since she isn’t very adventurous with food), at the same time not very far from office and allowing reservation. There are really not many places come to my mind with that kind of requirements. After few rounds of serious discussion with other secretaries, we decided to go with Secret Recipe :)

With all the internal chaos I created, I was quite nervous if the farewell would be a mess. Well, everything turned out to be fine :) People who promised to come did turn out, and everyone was able to find the place without getting lost. The food was served pretty fast, and we had a nice lunch and chat with a bunch of team members. I personally really enjoyed the lunch :p She herself was really appreciative and even sent me a separate thank you note for it.

Not easy to squeeze everyone in... at least we tried!
I think I won't get such a beautiful boss again anytime soon :(
We finished the lunch at about 1.30pm and headed back to office to work, while she decided to “work from home” for the rest of the day.

The final day is next Friday, but I already know for sure that I’m going to miss her a lot!

Counting down,
ED

No comments: