Monday, August 14, 2006

2nd Week!

Erlin is back!! After one week of vacuum, here come the 201 post! :P hahaha.. As I mentioned last week, I had welcome carnival and GTD at the same time.. here, let me summarize the things I had been going through ^^

On Tuesday, the rehearsal of GTD finished at around 11. Impressed with others’ effort and felt that our performance isn’t good enough, we practiced again on Wednesday, from 9am until almost 1pm. I spent the rest of the National Day resting, charging for the upcoming events :D

And… here came the Thursday. Woke up at around 8, bathed, then went to meet my counselor. I couldn’t add my GE since I already exceed my GE requirement.. thus.. I needed to go through pink form. Dr Timo, as usual, was very helpful.. He asked about my result even before I talked about it.. I said that it wasn’t very good.. then he looked at my degree audit and act like “Jesus! What kind of grade is this? OMG.. how can you obtain such grades!?” but then he laughed and conformed me.. saying that my grades were really fine.. And just asked me to do my best this semester. He also looked at the subject I taken this time.. Warn me that AI is a killer subject.. while Engineers and Society.. honestly, I was shocked to hear he said that it’s a rubbish *stunned* The subject is taught by Arlene Sebastion.. and he said that the book she written isn’t even worth reading.. glek.. Although it’s true, (99% of seniors said so), but I still can’t believe he dared to said like that to his own colleague ^^;.. haha.. He asked me not to tell anybody, though. Haha.. He is funny, really. Glad to have the best lecturer as my counselor :P..

Out from his office, nervous no more, I went to the Welcome Carnival Stage. Some contractors were decorating. I had breakfast and cup of coffee (thanks for the welfare! :P) Then the MC came at around 11, while the events started at 11.30. The first day of Welcome Carnival stage.. I can said, quite a mess. A lot of schedule being dragged and even canceled.. only because the E&I director can’t come on time, and asking for another time slot, then change and change again :S.. A bit mad that time.. but still can say nothing. Oh, Miko is also in charged for the E&I week. She was as energic as usual :P

Although with lot of changes, the 1st day of Welcome Carnival was eventually passed. After the event, I rush to change GTD clothes and went to Com Hall 12, ready for the photographer job :P.. haha.. There, for the first time, I met all the freshie. The freshie were much more from last years. More than 160 freshie signed up. I snapped all the Orientation Groups.. then had the opening ceremony.. then drama.. introduction of each OG.. Mass games.. ooh.. there are also it’s so much fun.. especially when it comes to supper time :P.. hahaha.. The first day finished at almost 12. I went back soon, transferred photos.. then charging both the camera battery and mine…

Next morning, wake up even earlier. Went to the stage.. found no body, then went to General Office to settle the Server Room stuff. Yeah, the server room lock had been changed, and I can’t get in to get the stuff. It has been for a week. After the GO promised that they would help me to settle the card and informed me asap, I went back to stage.. talked with my partners.. then entered class until around 11.30. Back, I was lucky to enjoy the percussion and magic shows that I dealt with. The percussion wasn’t bad.. but the magic shows was amazing! I never saw so much crowd before.. and Benjamin really knew his stuff. He performed for 1 hour.. ended it with a big applause from crowd. That’s the most worthwhile $200 I spent on stage. Haha.. finished with the show, then I thanked them.. settled the payment, gave goodies, and accompanied them waiting for taxi. Later.. I went for another lecture.. and back again there after the lecture.. having chicken rice as lunch (thanks again for the welfaareee ^o^) helping with the goodies back distribution for awhile.. then run back for 3 hours lecture. In the middle break, I got a free fat analysis. Shocked to know that I was 5kg fatter that what I assumed to bee!!! (the current weight is a secret, anyway :P) Huuaaa >< them ="D."><.. (who is bleky, anyway?) hahaha..

Finished with the sport games, went back to have shower, charging my camera battery.. then went back for sandwich.. ee.. for watching the junior performance ^///^.. hahaha.. This is Indo Night already. The dress code is “Indonesia”.. thus I eventually wore red shirt + white jeans ^^ There are a lot of people there.. Ivana, Wewoen, Karlina, Lili, Tatsu, Arianto, Yuku, Cipto, and lots lots more. They also have PINUS and SMUKI representatives!! And Prof of EEE as guest of honours. Also.. for the international student interaction, they present the former president of NTU SU!!! Mr Shut up (Sorryyy.. I still don’t know how to write his name up to now ><).. and also a student from Thailand.. who else if not Mint from our dear CEC!!! Woow.. Helen and Lin sien were the MC for the Indo Night. Great MCs. Really. The dinner was also nice.. ^^.. after all the junior performance, there come the main committee performance.. Vera was really cooolll!! Almost everybody shouted her name when she was dancing. You’re the starrr, gal!! ^^ I clapped so hard that my hand felt nothing. Haha.. So much fun.. the closing was so sacral, with live biola performance and solo.. I simply impressed. Eventually it was done.. After 6 months of togetherness.. eventually :’) :’).. I’m really happy. This might not be a school formal committee.. The committee isn’t getting any subsidize nor points.. even need to pay for the GTD itself.. however, I can feel how they’re so serious in everything.. how crucial everybody roles in it.. and how they put they best effort in it… I experienced it. How Stephanie needed to practice for drama until 3am and woke up early in morning.. how Yongky and Duncan got meeting until morning.. and how hard Vera practice dancing.. All the things they did. Without complain.. It’s really impressive =). Not like what happened in other formal committee I joined so far... while everybody try to push the job to others >< haha.. Ok2.. I talked to much already.. Last words.. Thanks the GTD committee for the valuable experience!! Yongky, Duncan, Magha, Ming2, Max, Andri, Jo.. and everybody.. You’re all the besttt!!!

Sleep soundly at 1.30,
Erlin.D

No comments: