Friday, July 07, 2006

Medan -> Batam -> Singapore

Back again to Singapore on 7th July! ^^ The 2 days stay at Medan had been wonderful for me ^^. At the first place, Mum and I planned to order taxi to Medan. However.. Right before I called the taxi… My uncle said that he was going to Medan on the same day! What make it important is that: He got car :P.. Thus.. the very next day.. on July 5th, Mum and I went to Medan, riding KIA.. uhuui.. haha..

1. Medan
During my way to Medan, my friends had already asked me to go out. Thus, as I reached Medan and unpacked my stuff abit, Amin kk sent me to Pasar Ramai. As reflected from its name, it was so so crowded.. Not long after, 3 girls were wandering around, looking for girly stuff :P.. later, we went to Medan Fair, along with another 2 friends… we had so much fun! Chit chat, shopping, and also not forget to eat: A&W :P Around 8pm, Sister picked me up. Then I rest at home, reading comics (Thanx Eka for sending it to me purposely from Jakarta ^^ Promise that I will read every single word in the comics.. haha..) The comics are good, but I fall asleep pretty soon at 11++..

The very next day.. Woke up at 9++.. after showering, went to buy some jeans. Then, went to Thamrin (again), met with other friends. Anita, you didn’t change at all! Hahaha.. we ate Texas there.. Later, Lisa came and 3 of us have nice chat at Fountain. Talked about everything. Hihihi.. We talked so long that we didn’t realize it’s raining.. and didn’t even realize that it had stopped ^^;.. I went back around 4.. not forget to visiting Microskill for a while. It’s really getting bigger and bigger. How many building it has now, Anita? Then, Sister and I went to Timur.. Really miss the place. The smell… the kitchen.. everything, was still so familiar for me.. especially my room, which was still as what it was when I leave it.. dooh.. all my stuff.. the photos, the medals, the gifts, even my books.. really brought back memories :’).. Dolly and Anita usually spent weekend with me there.. Miss you Dol.. why you need to get back to Jakarta all in sudden ><.. Hahaha.. Anyway, after packing some of my stuff, we went to Hypermart.. Bought some snacks.. then ate Beefball (it’s really different with the beefball at sg!! Nyaaaamm) and went home with rotund belly. ^//^. Took rest for a while, chit chat with my sister, then ZzzZzzz 7th July.. Is my departure date! Woke up (still) at 9.00.. Finished with all the packing, we went to have yam cha at Barbura… then all of them sent me to airport… Thanx so much for all your help at Medan, sis.. Bye mum.. bye sis.. bye Amin kk… bye Raymond.. I knew that you will get well soon!!! (PS: 2 days after that, sister told me that he is healthy already! So glad to hear that!) 2. Batam I got a front number at the airplane..: 4A. As I went there, I found out that a fat bourjois man is on my seat already. (the first 3 rows were also all bourjois people. Who are they?) I politely told him that it was my seat.. then he moved. Yes. But with that kind of not happy face. And what worse, I can hardly walk in due to the narrow space left ><. Eventually, I reached inside.. Not long after that, the plane set off. Later as I reached Batam.. I knew that they were all DPR committees. Alrite.. no wonder that the plane set off punctually then. Lucky me, I managed to get out from the plane just as fast as them.. I thought that I might be able to get a taxi and went to Batam Centre in 15 minutes.. but.. however.. the luggage collection took my 30 minutes ><. Then I called a taxi, and went to Batam Center.. ngeeng.. The driver was kind enough. They had a tariff there. It was Rp 70.000 from airport to Batam Center. The taxi is very very clean. Regret nothing when Jipau told me that I actually might find a taxi with Rp 35,000 :P

I reached Batam Centre really2 ontime. After taking care of my fiscal (huuk.. I missed to photocopy one page of my passport.. 1 page Rp 1000 there), I took the boarding ticket, and then went to waiting room. Not long, I boarded the ferry, Island Jade. I was surprised as I got inside there. Ferry is definitely much more comfortable than airplane! (alrite, although we can't compare the speed) It got tables and face-to-face sofas.. 2 flat big TVs for us to watch (featuring Shanghai Knights that time. I can tell you that it was a pirate one :P) and it even got 2 floors! With free flow of plain water.. + we didn’t need to switch off our mobile phone.. waaw :D I truly enjoy the journey. Thanx Albert to introduce it to me!

3. Singapore
Around 7.30 singapore time, I reached Habour Front. Daddy called me as soon as I sms him ^^.. He must has been worrying all the time. Hahaha.. After going through the immigration point, I took MRT to Boonlay. Lousy me didn’t see that the bus interchange has already been moved.. =.=.. I walked with no direction for around 15 minutes.. what worse.. with the 20+ kg luggage with me! Huk3x… But anyway, eventually I reached NTU.. Hall 14.. Winson, Julianto and Henry were there to pick me up :D Thanx so much pals! Later, Winson showed me my room.. (first impression: not bad, it is clean). Then I went back to hall 6 to take some of my stuff. Yah, all of them were already very very tired on that day. Moving 3 girls stuffs never be easy. On my way to hall 6, meet Medy and Calvin. ‘Tried’ (but I myself have no more energy) to help moving Jess’ Monitor.. but eventually being helped my Medy ^^;. Then he and Calvin accompanied me to hall 6. Thanx a lot ya =).. I took all the stuff needed as soon as possible, then started to walk back to hall 14. ngoos.. it wasn’t easy at all. I eventually reached there at 11+. Then started to unpack and clean abit.. Forget of what time I slept on the day… So that’s the journey…

ZzzZzzzz,
Erlin.D

No comments: