Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last week of the year

I love this week! This is a week I will remember and looking forward for next year.

There is no Monday blues as the working day started on Tuesday. I was a bit surprised that there are 40 new emails since I left on Friday (I was expecting less than 10). Apparently, Monday wasn’t a public holiday in India, and hence the mail traffic. I did most of my work on the first half of the day, and then went for exercise and lunch. Back from lunch, I was just on stand-by mode. I received couple of calls from fella PMOs, but nothing apart from that. I completed my Development Plan, and then took the earliest Shuttle bus to Red Hill at 6.15pm. In the evening, I had a nice dinner with Citra at Din Tai Fung, Raffles City :) Thanks so much Cit for all the delicacies! Love the cake and brownies and bean curd!

Similarly, I spent my Wednesday morning clearing up mails and received some handover from my colleague in India. In the afternoon, I went for lunch with Helios, Masli, Theresia (John’s sister), and Silvia (Theresia’s friend). All are Medanese and all are working in Merryl (and not all of them know each other before that) ^^; I had a nice lunch, and went back to office at around 2pm. I didn’t do much in the afternoon. It was raining for awhile, but then it stopped just in time for me to jog. For this time, I decided to run around the park twice. Alas, I was a bit late and it started to drizzle again when I was on my way back to office. I managed to reach back safely at 7.20pm. There are almost no people in office. As I have some time, I went to visit ARC for the first time. Most of the shops are not yet opened, but it does look grand. Soon it will be a favorite escape place for office people :)

Come Thursday, I run out of ideas of things to do in office. Some colleagues back to office from their leaves, so I managed to pass the morning somehow by chitchatting. I went for lunch with the grads in the afternoon, and then paid a visit to our office at Shenton Way to get some gifts from Tun Naung. I reached back office at almost 3pm, and notice that I got around 10 new emails. I can't remember the last time I felt so happy of getting some work. I work until 6.30pm and decided to call it a day. We had dinner at Pasta Mania, then did some shopping at G2000 and Crocodile. There are up to 70% discounta!

Friday passed rather quickly. I had lunch with Connie at a food court near AIA building. At 3pm, Madeline came and said that I need to surrender my laptop by 4pm because the team wanted to borrow it for production support. Oh well, I was more than happy to! :p In the end, I shut down my laptop at around 4.30pm. Do not know what to do, I went up and chatted with Xiao Hong and Jingxi for half an hour. After saying happy new year to everyone, I then went for another shopping spree at Vivo. We reached back home at around 10pm, then watched a Korean Movie - A Moment to Remember (2004). It was a sad touching movie (thanks Cit for the recommendation). I'm glad I didn't cry in my sleep last night.

OK, That pretty much summarized all the happening in last week of 2011. Happy New Year to everyone!

Going for countdown soon!
ED

3 comments:

cd said...

how many tissue paper u used while watching d movie? ;)

Unknown said...

hahaha... i prepared one pack! but none used wor! Hv u watched "1 Litre of tears"? The movie is even sadder.

Cd said...

For '1 liter of tears' i need 1 box of tissue ��