Friday, December 02, 2011

Weekend comes Early

I applied for half-day leave this Friday for my friend's ROM. For some reason, she informed us last week that the timing changed from 4pm to 7pm. I was considering canceling my leave, but after thinking of how difficult it's to successfully apply for one, I decided to stick with it.

So I left office at 1pm on Friday after saying happy weekend to everyone. 

First destination was lunch. I joined Glen and the gank at Kim Gary for lunch. I didn't know that Kim Gary has promotion for lunch! It's main + drink + side dish for less than $10! That's super good deal for Kim Gary :D No wonder the queue was so long. I had lunch until around 2.30pm, then take a direct bus 145 to Alexandra post office.

Bus was really empty during afternoon. (plus point of running errands during non-peak hour) It was around 3pm when I reached the post office. I waited for around 10 mins, collected a letter, then planning the best way to reach MBS for Standard Chartered Marathon pack collection.

I decided to go through the least complicated way - MRT. I walked to Red Hill MRT and waited 8 mins for an MRT to come (minus point of running errands during non-peak hour =_=). Surprisingly, the MRT was quite crowded. I took the MRT all the way to City Hall, then cross over and took MRT to Marina Bay. Felt a bit stupid that I have to pass through Raffles Place twice.

So I walked all the way from Marina Bay MRT to MBS Hall F. I swear it's at least 20 mins walk. It's not fun when you walked alone and when your mobile battery is almost flat =( Can't even listen to music or play game or check the map. My roomie has actually helped me to collect the race pack on Thurs, but StanChart team goofed up and gave us both the Male Shirt. I called them up early Friday morning to complain, but got blasted back instead ("why didn't you check it when you're at the counter?") =__= The person then told me that it's very low chance that I will be able to get exchange, due to the crowd and they might not have size bla bla bla... But I told her that I'm going to try anyway. Afterwards, she did help me by sending our Singlet confirmation email, then suggesting me print it out and go directly to the helpdesk to check.

It was almost 5pm when I finally reached the place. I'm kind of lucky that the queue wasn't very long. I wait for around 10 mins, then addressed by an underage looking guy :p I explained and showed him the confirmation email, and I got the exchange without any hassle! Finally something goes right. This time, he requested me to check once more time before leaving the counter. haha. 

Race Pack Collection queue! I like the design!
I realized that I was running out of time and rushing back the long winding path to MRT. On my way at MBS Shopping Mall, I noticed someone familiar... and they are my 5th Aunt and Uncle! What a coincidence! There just reached Singapore early in the morning, and will be here until Sunday. We chatted for around half an hour, then I bid them goodbye.

Coincidental Meet Up - Singapore is small after all.
Time was around 5.45pm when I reached MRT. I texted Tomy and told him that I won't be able to make it for 6.15pm at Buona Vista as I still have to go back home to change. As soon as I reached home, I did a speedy make up + change, then dashed out to Buona Vista. Funnily, Tomy was late as well and in the end we reached at almost the same time ^^;

The cute door gift
We reached the Venue (The Tanjong @ One north) at 7pm sharp. At around 7.30pm, all the Figtherz team are there, and the ROM commenced at around 7.40pm. It was a bit delayed from plan, and the pastor was jokingly said that he thought the couple changed their mind. The ceremony went on simple and sweet. After cake cutting, the MC commenced the start of dinner! :D We ate and chatted until around 9pm, took some pictures with the bride and groom, then left at around 9.30pm.

Fighterz Forever!
Vandalism at the signboard near lift
Back home, I showered and rested for a while. Our movie selection fell to "The Tree of Life" starring Brat Pitt. The movie started out pretty intriguing. Yet, after half an hour, we concluded that it's not our piece of cake and reselect the movie of the week. The choice finally fell to "1911" starring Jackie Chan. Oh well, the movie was pretty good, though I got a bit confused with all the different yet similar wars it depicted. After watching for one hour, we decided that the war should continue tomorrow and went to bed.

That's all for a Friday :)
ED

No comments: