It was a random Friday afternoon. Ryoma was asking if anyone was interested to go for dinner at JCube. I ok-ed without much thinking – I needed a break after a long week (plus it’s the last day that my boss is still on business trip!)
So five of us gather at JCube at around 7.30pm. We walked around to see where to go for dinner. My God – almost every restaurant got 15 people length queue! This is worse than Vivocity! For some reason I thought that JE is secluded place that no one knows about. Ha. I was almost tempted to go to McD which seemed to have no queue, thankfully my friends pull me back and we ended up queuing for Kungfu Paradise.
It was my first time going to Kungfu Paradise. The style is similar to Kim Gary and Xing Wang Café. Initially, I thought that it’s open by some random individual who tried to copy the other big restaurant’s style. Little did I know, Kungfu paradise actually came from Paradise Group!!! It’s the same group that came out with Taste Paradise, Paradise Dynasty, and even Paradise Inn! My perspective changed afterwards. Turn out that it has even bigger establishment than my favorite Kim Gary restaurant (blush). But honestly, the logo really misled me - a cartoon character which doesn't look very professional - quite different from Paradise's group other high end restaurants.
 |
| O.O The cute Kungfu Man is part of the Paradise Group! |
 |
| The Menu - For some reason I kept pronouncing it as Kungfu Panda |
We queued for almost half an hour, which wasn’t bad when you got good companies :) When we finally went in and looked at the menu, we felt crazily calculative for the day. A plate of fried rice cost S$10.5. Meanwhile, their signature burger cost S$3.2. So? It means that we can order 3 burgers for meal and still cheaper than ordering a fried rice.
With that kind of mentality, I ended up ordering their Signature Coffee ($2.6), Signature Burger ($3.2), Chicken Cutlet Burger ($3.9), and Custard Buns ($3.9). The rest follow suit. It’s nice to have a different style of dinner once in a while! :D
 |
| Signature Kungfu Style Coffee ($2.6) - Nothing really special |
 |
| Noodle with Spiced chicken cube ($6.9) - I feel that their pricing is abit weird |
 |
| Signature Burger ($3.2) - Worth every single cent! |
 |
| Tom Yum ($9.9) - Look super awesome! Gonna try it next time |
 |
| Chicken Cutlet Burger ($3.9) - The signature burger was better |
 |
| Waffles ($6.9) - Look really filling |
 |
| Dumplings ($3.9) - The skin was too thick |
 |
| Custard Bun - My favorite! I really love the way it's done |
The food was served quite promptly, which was good as we were all starving. After a hearty meal, we were all energized to chat / gossip again. We chatted from movies to sport to food, but the best part comes near the end – an explanation from our friend on hundred of question marks which have been flying around for the last few months. Hahaha.. I can’t write anything more than this :x promise is a promise.
The discussion made my travel to west totally worth it :p It went on and on we almost lost count of time on the topic… we intended to leave at 9.30pm, but stayed until around 11pm. Hahaha… We finally left full and happy. Friend, congratulations to you!!! :)
Awaiting for the formal declaration,
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment