Sunday, December 18, 2011

7 Days to Christmas

Half of Dec has passed, and it’s 7 Days to Christmas! Oh please slow down the time…. I haven’t snapped enough Christmas trees for my collections this year =(

I took leave on Monday morning, and went to office in the afternoon. I started to appreciate the morning bus frequency when I experienced the afternoon ones. It took me 50 minutes to reach office, compared with the usual 15 minutes in the morning.

Because of my improper planning, I had to run to ensure that I catch the last Yoga class of the year. I reached just 1 min before the class start. Phew! It was indeed a class worth running for. I felt so relax at the end of the class that I almost fell asleep during the relaxation period. After a quick shower, I begin the work for the week.

Well, the rest of the week was a fast-forward for me. I remember going to JPot for lunch with Yoga partners on Tue, given a Christmas cake log on Wed, noticed the opening of ARC Mall on Thurs, and board games on Friday. The rest was not really important – a lot of morning, lunch, and evening meetings :( I can’t be more wrong about December. This supposed to be my extended holiday period! Why didn’t my big boss go on leave!!

Jpot @ Vivocity
Nyummy Choco Log Cake! I wonder what's the Axe for...
ARC is officially open on Thurs! Finally we got a mall in front of office!


Hol's Der Geier (pic), Jenga, and Iliad are the 3 games we played on Fri
Settlers Cafe - 3 Hrs games + Main Dish + Snacks + Dessert + Free flow of drinks for $15
I didn’t go for a run at all throughout the week :( I don’t want to sound like giving excuse, but I really didn’t have a free one our slot in the evening at all. On Friday night in the middle of my sleep, I had a leg cramp. It has been so long since the last one. I wonder if this is because of my lack of sport these days T_T

Saturday morning, we went to Marina at Keppel Bay for a breakfast at Prive. The surrounding was really posh! The restaurant was facing the sea / lake / whatever it’s called with private yachts lined up. I ordered the egg benedict. It came with burger bread as the base, topped up with ham, bacon, perfectly poached eggs, and finished up with its special sauce. Delicious is an understatement.

Marina @ Keppel Bay - Doesn't feel like Singapore anymore
Superlicious Egg Benedict
After the breakfast, we walked around the posh areas, and then I went to Prima Tower for the first baking lesson in my life. Oh well. It’s an event organized by Recreation Club. And since it’s free, I assumed there is no harm in trying it out. The place was a bit tricky to find. The place was a bit run down, with big truck anywhere. I'm surprised that the only revolving restaurant in Singapore is actually located there.

View around Prima Tower
The baking class is at 11th floor, the other 10 floors are occupied by Prima Deli. I never know that it’s the headquarter! (Now the tower’s name makes sense!) The baking class started from 1pm, ended at around 5.30pm. I’m lucky to be in the same group with very nice people. They were doing most of the work, while I tried to make myself useful by cleaning up the dishes as and when available =_=

Each of us made a durian cake. Mine was done after rounds of help from each of them. Hahaha.. In addition, we also baked some butter cookies. Both were allowed to bring home afterwards :D I haven’t tried them, but it’s hopefully edible…

Our Durian Cakes!
Ok, It’s 1am now on Sunday. Time to get some sleep for badminton. There have been multiple issues with MRTs this week and it’s now officially closed until 10am tomorrow. Need to figure out how to go to Clementi later. Oh well.

BTW! Nuffnang Blog Awards for 2011 Winners are OUT! I’m so happy to see all my favorite bloggers come out as winner :D :D Feel so good to see their happy faces. Keep blogging all!

Time to think of New Year resolution,
ED

2 comments:

Cd said...

Can i have a slice of the cake please 😘

Unknown said...

Haha! Only if you still have some MC to spare! :p