It’s one of the 3 New Year resolutions I made this year, and few weeks ago I really certain I’m going to missed it. How not? It’s the fourth quarter of the year and I was hardly through Asia and Europe countries.
Thanks to the 10 days leave and the nutrition I had in hometown, I finally managed to memorize the 203 countries – 183 sovereign countries and 20 non-sovereign administered territories. Oh yes that's right!
Funnily, from all the weird names like Ljubljana, Reykjavik, and Yamoussoukro, the three capitals I had to repeat the most are the simple less than 9 letters: Lebanon – Beirut, Macedonia – Skopje, and Sudan – Khartoum.
It’s lots of reciting, rewriting, and frustration. But it was fun once the whole things were concluded. Like I achieved a new level of knowledge, even though I should have learnt this 15 years ago (blush). It makes me wonder - is my brain getting stiff now after 4 years of working? (Or I just never good at this…) Will I be able to survive hitting the book again if I ever decide to continue study?
For now I’m just happy that I concluded the resolution. Dangerous resolution! Have to think twice before making similar thing next year! I believe half the list will be gone from my brain by end of this year, but well… at least I knew once upon my life!
Maybe the best way to learn is to visit each countries :p
ED
Thanks to the 10 days leave and the nutrition I had in hometown, I finally managed to memorize the 203 countries – 183 sovereign countries and 20 non-sovereign administered territories. Oh yes that's right!
| All ready with the globe, the map, and the book |
It’s lots of reciting, rewriting, and frustration. But it was fun once the whole things were concluded. Like I achieved a new level of knowledge, even though I should have learnt this 15 years ago (blush). It makes me wonder - is my brain getting stiff now after 4 years of working? (Or I just never good at this…) Will I be able to survive hitting the book again if I ever decide to continue study?
For now I’m just happy that I concluded the resolution. Dangerous resolution! Have to think twice before making similar thing next year! I believe half the list will be gone from my brain by end of this year, but well… at least I knew once upon my life!
Maybe the best way to learn is to visit each countries :p
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment