Sunday, October 07, 2012

Last-Minute Marathon Training

Oct means that I'm one month closer to my marathon. It took me awhile to count backwards realized that I have less than 2 months to practice for the marathon!

I panicked. I jogged 4km (...on treadmill) on daily basis but it doesn't cover even 10% of what I supposed to run on the actual day. So this week, I decided to set a target for myself - I would take 42km per week!

So here was the week training regime:
  1. Monday - Body Combat + 4km in the morning + 10km in the evening
  2. Tuesday - 10km in the morning
  3. Wednesday - got two big blisters on both feet T_T covered 3km + Body Pump + Pilates
  4. Thursday - 10km
  5. Friday - my leg was so painful and I was  able to cover only 5km and hence reached my 42km target
  6. Saturday - went with my roomie and jog from Queenstown to Boon Lay. We intended to cover 20km, but my roomie knocked off her knees on our 16th km (roomieee!!) so we stopped and started to took MRT back home
  7. Sunday - got blisters with blood and skin rash :s Continued to go and play badminton and ended up with few bruises. 
The unfinished 20km
Why my training ended up so brutal!? 56 days to Marathon!
ED

No comments: