Saturday, October 13, 2012

Exxon Mobil Blood Donation Drive @ West Mall

So, with her full determination (and a promise of a free shoe bag :p), Inche managed to convince me and Fendi to go all the way to West Mall to support the Exxon Mobil Blood Donation.

I reached there at around 3.45pm and get my queue number of 257. My lucky number! I knew that things would go fine from there on :) We didn't come together, but I managed to find Fendi among the crowd. His queue number was 251, for he was 5 mins earlier than me.

The crowd was pretty good and I must give it to Exxon for their event coordination skill. Everything looked well planned and organised. I believed there is some goofed up here and there (heard them talking about missing doctor, etc), but they handled those well.

My Blood Donation Form :D
The wait after registration is the longest one. I waited around 45 mins before finally assigned a doctor to check on my blood pressure. After blood pressure was HB check. Afterwards is the... blood donation itself. It's not my first time doing this, but I was still looking away whenever they poked my nerve. Next time I want to look!

Feel like peeking through the bandage but afraid of the horror awaits
As soon as they setup the needle on me, the warm blood started to flow from the pipe to the prepared blood bag. They left it there for around 5 mins, and then as soon as it reached the required weight, they came, take out the needle, put on the bandage and sent me to the refreshment counter - the counter I have been waiting for! :p

The blood, no, my blood!! And the hanger is actually a weight scale
The refreshment was as good as how I remembered it last time. Lots of drinks and biscuits :D I had Milo + Soya Milk + Fruit Juice + Biscuits. I know I will come back for this alone! ^^;

Happily eating after the blood donation :p
The Power Rangers :) Fendi with the nice shoes bag!
The whole experience is getting less and less painful. I don't mind doing this regularly. Just that... I need to sleep additional 8 hours to recover. I felt so sleepy after the donation and sleep like a pig the whole sunday afternoon T_T

Till the next shoe ba.. I mean, donation! :)
ED

No comments: