Few weeks ago, Inche asked if I want to support her in dragonboat race. Never seeing a dragonboat race before, I said “Why not!” Then she said “OK, then we meet at 7.00am at Khatib on Saturday”. 7.00am at Khatib?? On a Saturday? Now I know why not.
It’s really early for my standard, but I decided to give it a go anyway. I guess the last time I woke up that early was for the Standard Chartered 10 KM run last year. For some reason, I was really scared that I overslept this time. In the end, I slept at 12am, and woke up at almost every hour – 3am, 4am, 5am, and finally when my alarm rang at 6am. Grrrr!! Stupid mind can’t relax. I don’t even understand why I’m so scared. I’m not even the one having the race.
I reached the meeting point on time at 7am, and it was quite bright by the time we reach the race place at Lower Seletar Reservoir Park. While Inche and the team did some warm up, I decided to go for a quick run around the place. I was kind of lost but thankfully managed to reach back before her race started at 9.45am.
The race was good, and I must say that the welfare was organized really well. To start with, the entire racer got a waterproof casing for their phone + big sunblock cream from bananaboat. Then, they are soya bean milk and bananas for those who haven’t gotten their breakfast. For supporters, there are free milos and of course mineral water everywhere for grab. As we progress along the event, there are 100plus, red bull, popcorn, and candyfloss. I missed taking picture (too busy eating), but the lunch booth was setup really well too with selection of bento, sandwich, indian vegetarian, and happy meal for the kids. It was awesome!
For the race, I took a lot of pictures… with Inche’s phone T_T The race was good... apparently the race was only 2 minutes. I thought it will be around half an hour. Unbelievable, they have around 70+ boats. only from EM itself! *faint.
I left at around 11.30am after free lunch (cough…) for John Carter movie at 1.15pm at Tiong Bahru. I really enjoyed the event =) Met quite a few people I know also! EM event has never failed to impress me so far!
Yet another event from Exxon Mobil – feel that I should start paying for their recreation fees. Haha. Thanks Che for the invitation!
ED
It’s really early for my standard, but I decided to give it a go anyway. I guess the last time I woke up that early was for the Standard Chartered 10 KM run last year. For some reason, I was really scared that I overslept this time. In the end, I slept at 12am, and woke up at almost every hour – 3am, 4am, 5am, and finally when my alarm rang at 6am. Grrrr!! Stupid mind can’t relax. I don’t even understand why I’m so scared. I’m not even the one having the race.
I reached the meeting point on time at 7am, and it was quite bright by the time we reach the race place at Lower Seletar Reservoir Park. While Inche and the team did some warm up, I decided to go for a quick run around the place. I was kind of lost but thankfully managed to reach back before her race started at 9.45am.
![]() |
| 8th ESRC Dragonboat Carnival - Event Map! |
For the race, I took a lot of pictures… with Inche’s phone T_T The race was good... apparently the race was only 2 minutes. I thought it will be around half an hour. Unbelievable, they have around 70+ boats. only from EM itself! *faint.
I left at around 11.30am after free lunch (cough…) for John Carter movie at 1.15pm at Tiong Bahru. I really enjoyed the event =) Met quite a few people I know also! EM event has never failed to impress me so far!
| Post Event Pic! |
ED

No comments:
Post a Comment