Friday, March 30, 2012

Birthday’s Weekend – The Saturday Morning: MacRitchie Run Clinic cum Fitness Assessment

The invitation came to my office mailbox more than one month ago. Without even looking at the time, I accepted the invite when seeing that it’s FREE for Rec club member.

On the night before the event, I decided to take a look on what is it actually about. Then I realized that it’s a morning event. At MacRitchie. At 8.15am. And $10 fine for no show. The last point was the determination point for me to wake up at 6am the next day despite sleeping at 2am.

Even though I got a bit lost and missed a bus, I managed to reach there on time =) It was the Water Day and the place is crowded with secondary + JC students outing. We waited for few more minutes for everyone to gather and then had a briefing. The organizer engaged one of the run trainer team – F1 Marathon – for the fitness assessment. The trainer told us that the assessment ain’t gonna be easy, and he wasn’t joking.

We had to complete 11 stations of assessment. For each station, they will be giving us grading – excellent, good, ok, poor, etc. The first two stations were OK, but the other 9 were nightmare! Ok maybe only for me. I’m not as sporty as I thought I was =( My leg was actually very weak, not to mentioned about my arms which never did a single push up.

Happily listening to the trainer
First Station - Hopping front and side... It was easy
Second Station - Jumping with one leg... it was not bad
From third station onwards I think I passed out - so here are some pics of others
This guy did push up so lightly!! Jealous!
Station #8 - Trying to hold myself up
Station#10 - Hopped 15 times non stop. It was really not easy!
We completed all the stations in around 1 hour, and then the trainers gave us some tips to run up slope, which I found really useful. Last torturing before the fun, we’re asked to run 2.4km – in the forest – which I completed in 14 minutes before losing my breath. After the run, we’re pampered with isotonic drinks, banana, grapes, milo, and bread. I was alive again! We took some group pictures and then everyone left at around 10.30am.

Caught eating non stop
Group Pic, along with the F1 Team Trainers!
In the end, I didn't regret waking up early. It was a lot of fun! (and free food!) I'm still waiting for my assessment result and the recommendations. In the afternoon, I slept like a pig until dinner time.

Till next event!
ED

No comments: