Sunday, March 18, 2012

Буян - Russian Restaurant & Caviar Bar

Буян is read as “Buyan”, which means some fairytale place in Russian, according to the convincing waiter. They also claimed to be the one and only Russian Restaurant in Singapore, again according to the proud waiter. And they also claimed to be serving the best plain water in the world (I thought the last one was a joke, but he was very serious about its water – Veen).

The restaurant was split into two sections – Casual and Fine Dining. The casual dining is located at Level 1 and Level 3, while the Fine Dining is at Level 2. Due to the restaurant funny name, it took us a while to find the restaurant – we were walking passed through the restaurants for few times before the waiter finally called us up and checked if they can help. Lol. The waiter (why I never bothered to ask his name T_T) led us to Level 2. I was quite impressed with the whole design. They have a very funny looking glass for wine. I thought I took a picture of it, but can’t find it now =(

It was a Saturday night dinner. Winson booked a table for us, but I was almost certain that we booked the whole restaurant. There are only two of us dining in the whole floor, accompanied with slow music and two attentive waiters.

Me happily waiting for the food 
iPad for the Menu! Would have been better if they installed some games, too
I didn’t know anything Russian, so I left it to him to order most of the stuff. The waiter told us that the restaurant is famous for the caviar, but we decided to give it a pass due to my preference towards seafood (blush). Apart from that, we followed the waiter’s recommendations duly, and I must say that it’s one of the best meal I ever have! Of course I believe that the ambiance and companion might have skewed my opinion a bit :p

Free flow of nyummy Raisin Loaf + soft butter 
Starter - Olivier Salad. Love the perfect combination of eggs and mayonnaise!
Soup - Pink Salmon Soup... Love the design :p and the titanium spoon! 
My main - Beef Stroganoff - cooked in 50C for 30 mins. Melt in your mouth!
His main - Venison Berries - Unique =) Don't even know what meat it is
Dessert - Napoleon Cake - I found a new favorite dessert! 
We ordered one dish from each section and it turned out to be a lot!! After dinner, the waiter gave us a quick tour around the restaurant, showing off its 5 millions worth of boozes before finally sending us off. It was a good experience =) both the food and the staff.

We might come back next time for its casual dining – heard quite a few good reviews about it!

Thanks Winson for the wonderful meal,
ED

:D

2 comments:

Hamish Liddell said...

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time dining at the Russian Restaurant & Caviar Bar. Good food and great service make an excellent combination. Anyway, the Napoleon Cake you ordered looks so delectable. Does it really taste as good as it looks?

Unknown said...

yup! the napoleon cake was the best! :)