Sunday, November 11, 2012

Great Eastern Women’s Run 2012 – Half Marathon

Great Eastern Women's Run - Finisher Medal
I did it! I hope I can say it with more enthusiasm, but my knee is hurting so bad that I wonder if I took the right move.

My right knee wasn’t in its best condition since last week. I thought (I still don’t know the real reason now) that it was due to too much running. So I stopped training for two days and the knee felt OK. Afterwards, I started to run again and knee hurts after the 3rd KM. It was 3 days to the run and I decided to push myself through 10km run and then rest for the remaining of the week.

This morning, it’s finally the time for the half marathon. I have bad feeling about it (even dreamt about it), but I don’t want to give it up before trying. It’s my first half marathon with Cit, too! The knee didn’t hurt at that time but I kind of know that it will cause me trouble after few KMs.

The Start Point - The Float @ Marina Bay
With Cit - 5am in the morning 
The all ladies crowd! - 5.30pm in the morning
Indeed. After the 4KM, my knee hurts badly. I couldn’t even walk straight but I decided to continue to jog slowly (some more I’m lazy to figure out how to pull off from the race :p)

The whole event was actually quite nice – nice sunset, nice path at Garden by the bay, nice pretty runners. If only my knee wasn’t paining, I’m really sure that I would have enjoyed it more than the Sundown. Alas, my knee made my face frowned for the whole run T_T

I can't remember the reasons I was running for. Oh yes, it was fully sponsored.
Long story short, I don’t know how but I made it to the finish line slightly before 3 hours. After having a (free) hotdog and (free) ice cream, I walked along with Citra to MRT (thanks so much for waiting for me, and the bread! And the cookies! Nyummilicious!) It was really painful for me to walk on staircase, so Cit found paths which don't require much climb up and down. Cit was freak out and forced me to look for massage therapy. Well, she has a good persuasion skill.

Some of the goodies :)
After reached back home and shower, I went straight to Kallang (suddenly realized that I run through it during the run) to find a Sinshe. The Sinshe was the same iron face Sinshe which Feli seek last time. I said I cant bend my right knee. He asked me to lie down and forced-bent my knee! It HURTS! And it doesn’t do any magic, my knee still hurt afterwards. Then he pulled and pushed my leg, still hurt. Then he got some needle and poked my front and back knee O.O and do some blood suction. It still hurts. Finally he put some medicine and bandaged my knee and asked me to come back after two days. Oh well T_T I don’t like the way it goes…



So anyway, every run is different, and apparently this is one of the challenging ones. I still really, really want to do Marathon, but will see how it goes for the next three weeks.

Stupid knee and its owner,
ED

No comments: