It has been a while since the last time I went to Mind Café! The enormous types of games always get me excited. Gaming from 2pm to 6pm might sounds like a long time, but time flies when you play and we always ended up rushing our last game.
Thanks to Tomy, I got to try the Mind café @ Dhoby Ghaut – one branch that I never visited before. Winson and I reached there quite early, 1.50pm. Soon enough Henry reached as well.
 |
| Mind Cafe @ Dhoby! Classic Location! |
 |
| Stairs leading through the cafe |
 |
| Poster at the entrance door |
 |
| The promotion! We got the Sat's Happy Hours with free flow of drinks! |
 |
| Tons of games to choose from |
For first game, we decided to play Ubongo. Well, I remember that I failed miserably in it during my play with Glen and friends. I thought with the past experience I should be able to win this time… which wasn’t the case. Winson won the game. Hump. Beginners’ luck :p
 |
| Ubongo - Nice Puzzle Name |
Having all my witty friends around for the second game, I decided to ask for some brainy game. The staff came back with a game looked like periodic table O.O He introduced Acquire to us, and we’re hooked for the next two hours. It was such an addictive stock games! (Or basically anything with money involved is addictive :p)
 |
| Acquire - Never thought periodic table can be that exciting |
We only left with an hour for the third and last game, and we decided to go with less brainy game – Taboo 2. Since it’s a team game, we plotted it as girl vs boy. We were loosing at the beginning, but was able to close the gap at the end of the game :D So everyone’s win at the end!
 |
| Taboo 2 - Fun team game! Better with Hokkien! |
Lots of fun and we went out laughing (I’m not writing the joke here as it was on me. Something related to dog and bone) A very nice stress releaser. Hope to go back again one day :D
 |
| The players! |
Board Game Experience +2,
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment