Thursday, November 08, 2012

GT Internship Networking Event

Our company has its biannual recruitment fair for interns and grads. Usually, the HR will involve the current / ex grads to share some of the experiences and answers any questions that the students have. Basically some networking event :)

I have done my share during my first two years, and now the networking event is mostly extended to the new gards. However, because one of the grads can’t make it this time, I was requested to fill in… so there I was again meeting up with students.

I give it to the HR for their event organizing skill. The event gets better and better every year :) The last one I joined two years ago was a free-style networking event. This time, they break the grads into 3 tables, and the students have 10 mins to talk to each table. It helps to ensure that the students talk with all of us and got to know all the different things we’re doing. The way the group everyone is also very well thought of. Each group has student from different universities. Similarly for the grads, each table has a man and woman to show the diversity ^^;

It was a nice 2 hours event, and I’m glad that I’m not yet that irrelevant :p The highlights for me was of course the food :p and they gave us free thumb drive as well!

DB Blueberry Cup Cakes! Delicious!
Gift: 4 GB Thumbdrive + Notebook
I miss my grads day! Or rather, I miss being a student!
ED

No comments: