Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bye, PR

Visited ICA on Tuesday to get my PR revoked and took oath for citizenship. With such a long journey from 30th June’2012, I thought it’s all finally ended after the oath. Well, it’s not really the case. I might need to wait another year for my pink IC to be released during the ceremony. Till then, I’m still hesitant to call myself Singaporean, while I’m definitely not Indonesian anymore *stateless. Sob.

ICA e-Lobby - Quite cool! (but i don't know yet what is it for) Took my IC pic here.
Luckily, I’m now allowed to apply for the Passport. Unluckily, my passport application timing crosses with school holiday. They said there might be slight delay due to the high demand. Another sob. There goes my Dec holiday planning. I just hope that I will still get my passport before end of the year.

"Passport application? Just drop your pic and CC details to this box" ^^;
There are quite a lot of people taking citizenship oath, so I waited until around 10am even though my appointment was written as 8.45am =.=’ thankfully I took half day leave. The oath taking is quite simple. I was asked to get into the oath room. The commissioner of oath (in my case, a middle age auntie) was sitting behind a big desk. After confirming my identity, she asked me to stand, raised my right hand, and started reading through the oath from my application form. Took less than a minute and then she congratulated me and asked me to go out from the room ^^;

After the oath taking, I didn't feel like going back to office, so I walked around Lavender and had early lunch at the Kopitiam. I ordered the supposedly Kolo Mee, but was quite disappointed. It was not even half as good as the one from Jurong East :(

The Fake Kolo Mee T_T but the taste is ok... haha.. just different from Kolo Mee
Next Step out of many: Waiting for Passport application approval,
ED

1 comment:

mrscee said...

wow. :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are on the process of starting our SGC application too!

God bless us!

congratulations (belated :) )