In one of the school modules or work trainings, I learnt about the psychological Five Stages of Grief (also known as Kubler-Ross Model. It’s one of those rare lessons that I can actually see in real life and remember throughout.
So I had my 5 level of grief as well when I was diagnosed with stress fracture.
 |
| First time experience with Crutches (hopefully last, too) |
Denial – (Tuesday) It’s just a bruise, I don’t believe anything wrong with it. I got so many bruises before. Why did the doctor called? Maybe just to reconfirm that I’m fine? Anyway I can still walk now. I should be able to run as usual in no time.
Anger – (Wednesday) Why are they putting such a huge plaster cast on me? I didn’t sign up for this! And which idiot created crutches? My armpits hurts and I think I will get another crack on right leg when I’m done. How to even carry a water bottle with this thing blocking? Why the house felt so big?
Bargaining – (Wednesday) It wouldn’t have been this bad if I put on ankle support. I know there is a stress fracture, but I think it’s a very minor one. I shouldn’t have been grounded for a week, few days should do. If only I could take out the plaster cast now, I believed I would feel no pain at all. Maybe I should try taking it off and see what happen.
Depression – (Thursday) I can’t do anything. I have to rely on my flatmates to even fulfill my essential needs. Why can’t I go get food myself? Why couldn’t I carry my own stuff? The house suddenly felt so big. Why my towel is so far away? My whole day is just eating and sitting and meaningless. The silence is driving me crazy. I got scolded whenever I called home. Why am I even bother with anything?
Acceptance – (Friday) Ok at least it’s not forever. The doctor said that it would recover in few weeks. I’m thankful for my real caring friends and colleagues. My parents are worried and I should convince them I’m all right. I just have to stay calm and avoid walking too much for speedy recovery. Now that I’m used to it, the crutches are actually quite useful. I can even swing with it and it’s almost as fast as walking. At least I can still shower, eat, type and watch movies without any issues. Live is good.
Well, I’m lucky that my acceptance phase comes pretty quickly. The first two days were horrible (Winson would know best how much I complained) and it was subsequently becoming more bearable.
Lets end this post with better visuals than me in crutches:
 |
| Wed's Briyani Lunch, delivered all the way by my director O.O |
 |
| Thurs' Bakkut Teh Lunch from roomie, didn't even got this nice food when I'm well! |
 |
| Everyday dinner from Winson, thanks so much for coming back early everyday :') |
 |
| Fruits from my dear friends who paid me a suprised visit on Friday |
 |
| Thanks all for making me felt so blessed and smile happily ^^; |
Live is full with ups and downs,
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment