Friday, December 14, 2012

Meet up with Beth @ Coffee Bean, Orchard

Beth pinged me earlier the week and told me that she is coming to Sg! I think I was as excited as her. She loves Sg a lot, but for some reasons this is her return visit after 4 years!

Can't get bored of the lovely Orchard's lighting
Since she is staying at Mandarin Orchard, we agreed to meet at Orchard. We agreed to meet at 8pm. I was late for an hour, and she left me waiting for another hour =__='' It was around 10pm when we finally met up. I was trying to find a quiet place to chat - never thought it would be so difficult! I thought Orchard is a 24-hrs buzzling road, but apparently it's pretty much dead after 10pm (sudden realisation that I never really go out until that late).

Beth & I - Outside Paragon
We finally settled for Coffee Beans just outside of Wheelock Place. Nice catch up. There were just too many things to talk within the 2 hours. The cafe's overall service was not bad. Their sandwiches are quite nice. And oh, they gave us a wrong order - Coffee instead Chocolate that Beth was ordering. She just realised it after she was almost done, but we complained anyway and they waived the charge for us :p

Signature Sandwich - Never thought the portion is so big! But I'm not complaining
I managed to get the last train home. Glad that I managed to meet her. Worth the 3am stay in office the previous day, but I really need a long night sleep...

Hope that Christmas week will be less busy,
ED

No comments: