Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Passport Collection

One of the first things to do as a new citizen: applying for Passport.

I have been in ICA for quite few times this year. So far, the experience has been quite good – proper queue and appointment system that ensure less than 30 mins wait any time.

It’s with that kind of confidence that I went to ICA on that Tuesday afternoon – supposedly a non-peak hour time. I strolled to the second floor of ICA and was shocked by the sea of people in front of me.

Passport Collection Queue
How could that be so many Singaporean who decided to collect their passport on Tuesday 3pm? (Suddenly felt that I have been planted a false efficient image all this time, and now that there is no turning back for me, I'm shown the reality XD) I went to get my queue number anyway, and there were 290 people in front of me.

Number of applicants in the queue: 290
I have a phone meeting at 4pm and my mobile battery was left with 25%. I almost decided to go and come back another day, but laziness hits me and I decided to stay and trust my phone to survive for half an hour phone call.

Well, things turned out well. The one hour wait was quite a challenge without a smart phone to play with, but my phone managed to survived the conference call :) and my queue number was called 15 mins after the call, so I finally managed to get my passport that day.

New Passport! :D
I’m now holding a different passport than the one I have been holding for the last 25 years. Still find it hard to believe. Can’t wait until I use it for the first time!
ED

1 comment:

tomy said...

Your indo passport is not for the last 25 years lar :p... Maybe at most 15 years?