Saturday, March 09, 2013

Indra’s Visit @ 2D1N Soju Bang Korean Restaurant

Time for buffet again after awhile (like, one week?) This year, I decided not to limit my buffet intake, with one single rule – I shouldn’t be the one initiating. If someone else invites me to, I can go as rejecting is quite rude :p right? Right?

Indra is in town this week and he wanted to try something new. Tatsu recommended Korean BBQ Buffet @ Tanjong Pagar, which I have been kept hearing but never got a chance to try it out. There is no way I’m missing the opportunity. I will think later on how to lose the fats ^^;

2D1N Soju Bang! No Idea why the name started with 2 Days 1 Night ^^;
We reached Tanjong Pagar MRT at 6pm, and then walked around 10 mins to the restaurant. The place open at 5.30pm. By the time we reached, the queue was snaking. There were 30 people in front of us O.O I was ready to wait until 8pm, but the service was quite fast and we got in at around 6.45pm.

The room was filled with BBQ smell *.* ok at least the smoke wasn’t there as they really worked on their ventilation. There are not many selection of BBQ stuff; it was really specific to only Korean kind of BBQ – meat, meat and more meat. No fish or otah or meatball or corn. To their defense, I felt that the meats they provided were quite a good quality ones. They tasted quite nice :D

Refreshing Lime Juice + Ice Water
Selection of Premium meats! (I would like to believe so)
The healthier corner :D Love the colour
The condiments and side dishes. Love the Kimchi!
We had like 3 rounds of BBQ over the 90 minutes. The services were good – the waiter kept helping us to change the aluminium foil once it turned a little brown. The food is decent, the drinks are refreshing, and the watermelon was really sweet. The price they quote was also reasonable at $26 net for buffet on Saturday night.

The most civilised BBQ yet 
Us after a nice dinner :D
Will definitely go there again if I have some tummy to spare. Oh god, I hope I can get back my shape before my membership ends.

Pricing!
Enjoy your stay in Singapore, Indra!
ED

No comments: